PDA

View Full Version : washing on the lawn

gofastman
09-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Most of the time I use ONR to wash, every once in a while a traditional wash is needed.

I have found it works well to pull the car onto my lawn under our Crab Apple tree.

I use biodegradable soap, so I figure all the wash and rinse water will hydrate the lawn and out tree, plus its in the shade. My only problem from doing this is that i look like a total hillbilly with a car in the middle of the yard :o

Does anyone else do this or am I crazy?

IBStoney1
09-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Yes I used to do a hose wash under the trees on the lawn but switched to ONR. Doing your car on the lawn meets the EPA regs for runoff when I checked with them five years ago.

dheath
09-14-2009, 12:23 PM
you shouldn`t feel like a hillbilly. Here in CA we actually get commercials telling us to wash cars on our lawns. Scottwax is also a proponent of dumping wash water into lawns as its eco friendly. Eventually it will spread to all states...

You will look like a visionary in St. Paul.

imported_ZimRandy
09-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Not much longer and the leaves will be falling on the car as you wash it. :lol

Randy

Thats Fresh
09-15-2009, 10:46 PM
i used to do that 8 or 9 years ago. after a few months i stopped bc i noticed the lawn started to form 4 sink holes where my wheels would be. i had to put more soil there and replant the grass.

ONR!

DetailFreak517
11-27-2009, 03:53 PM
I don`t do anything under trees for fear of birds and tree sap...

drew.haynes
11-27-2009, 04:32 PM
I don`t do anything under trees for fear of birds and tree sap...

Ditto. Good first post. Hahaha