PDA

View Full Version : Tire rubber marks on leather seats

trueimage
09-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey,I have some marks from having the tires put in the backseat of my car.

They were in clean bags but must have slipped out a bit and there are marks now.

I`ve tried the only leather cleaner I have, Meguiar`s leather spray cleaner - it did nothing at all.

I`ve also tried a damp magic eraser, very lightly - nothing.

Any help would be great.

imported_WhyteWizard
09-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Hand cleaner with the magic eraser. Use an orange hand cleaner without pumice. Wet the seat first, then put some hand cleaner on the eraser and lightly go over the scuff, increase pressure till you get a change.

Good Luck.

Robert

trueimage
09-12-2009, 09:16 PM
ok i will try that... my seats have perforations in them...

any risk with that?

imported_WhyteWizard
09-12-2009, 10:09 PM
ok i will try that... my seats have perforations in them...

any risk with that?

There`s risk with anything. Use small amounts of cleaner, work it into the eraser so it`s not going to get driven into those holes, and use light pressure, pay attention and the worst thing that should happen is, it won`t work. Still, your mileage may vary.

I`ve taken ball point pen marks and shoe scuff marks off with that method with no bad effects but every situation is different.

Robert

trueimage
09-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Ok, I`ve checked wal-mart, the local grocery store, and a hardware store - only orange hand cleaners have pumice in them. Can you recommend me a brand or a store to try? I`m in Canada though....

imported_WhyteWizard
09-13-2009, 04:58 PM
OK, skip the orange part and go to one that says you can use it without water. That should be mild enough and go over the seat with plain water when you`re done and re-treat with a decent preservative.

Waterless hand cleaners typically have some skin moisturizers in them.

Robert