PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the name of this microfiber?

dazco
09-12-2009, 06:12 PM
I got them at pep boys, 2 to the pack, light blue, different size fiber on either side, SUPER soft, and said they`re for polishing. I believe it was $5 for the 2 pack. Does anyone know which brand i`m talking about and know of an online link?

agpatel
09-12-2009, 06:18 PM
are they blue on one side and gray on the other?

dazco
09-12-2009, 06:19 PM
No, light blue on both.

dazco
09-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Ah!!! I just noticed a tag... "PEAK SPA polishing towel". Well, guess i answered my own Q !

dazco
09-13-2009, 03:20 PM
This may interest some of you. I have asked before on various forums how to polish aluminum so that it is completely void of scratches and never gotten an easy answer. I`ve been told of various polishes, but nothing ever works. In the right light you see plenty of scratches/haze. The last thing i tried was mothers billet. Anyways, i have tried various microfiber and dremels with cloth and felt wheels. Nothing worked till i tried this polishing towel i asked about in this thread. I was a huge surprise when after years of polishing aluminum to a chrome like finish but never being able to remove that fine scratching and haze, i finally succeeded. I tried this cloth because it felt totally slick and soft, much more so than any other micro fiber. And it`s the only one i found that says it`s specifically for polishing. anyways, i now have aluminum parts on my bike that looks incredible. Just like chrome with no scratches at all in any light and deeper and richer. All thanks to that towel. Just thought i`d mention it because i`m sure there are others who have had the same problem, and this is a simple solution w/o having to buy high end polishes and all that. Just mother`s billet and these towels is all it takes.