PDA

View Full Version : Rim sealant?

eMrock32
09-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Hello all. This is my first post on the forum. So a little background info: I work on Luxury Motor Coaches as a detailer and a mechanic. We use semi-rims on all of our buses since they are 54 seaters and up. But my question relys on the rims themselves. We have 2 types; Alcoa and Alcoa Durabright. The Durabright rims are polished and have a protective covering on them so all it takes it to wash with a brush and they are clean. The non-durabright rims are a pain. I can get them to a mirror chrome with some elbow grease, Hoosier metal polish (works great!!) and a shop rag. But after about a month I usually have to apply more polish to them to get the finish back. I was wondering if there is any product that would seal the rim after I would polish it so they would be like durabright rims and all I would have to do is wash and rinse instead of polishing again. Thanks!

MBurnickas
09-12-2009, 01:54 AM
Welcome, there`s a ton of sealants that work on rims, klasse AIO and SG are real good. You can just use AIO as a cleaner and sealant.

garbud
09-12-2009, 06:12 AM
Why not use the Alcoa Sealant. It works great!

Garbud

Wasatch
09-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I use Werkstatt AJ on my rims.

craigdt
09-13-2009, 09:40 PM
UPGP is nice and easy.