PDA

View Full Version : HD UNO and UNO WOOLPAD

Bobby G
09-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Hello All,

For those of you who had interest in HD UNO and the soon-to-be-released UNO WOOLPAD, I think we have finally nailed down the right combination of wool yard, length and pad size.

Here`s a video of Frank working on our test panel sanded with 1500 wet-n-dry. Remember, what you`re watching is a single pass with UNO and the final beta version of the wool pad.

YouTube - HD video 2

Sorry about the video quality... all we had with us is an iPhone =)

Please note:

- No splatter

- Very little polish is needed (that was a dry pad when Frank started)

- No dusting

- Sanding marks almost gone in 30 seconds

- Very minimal holograms to remove with finishing foam

howareb
09-12-2009, 05:33 AM
Nice... #105 may have some competition. I really like the fact that their is no dusting.

DaGonz
09-13-2009, 07:52 AM
what was the rpm on the polisher?

Bobby G
09-13-2009, 09:37 AM
what was the rpm on the polisher?

I`ll have to ask Frank on Monday, but I believe he sets it at 1200.

imported_Jakerooni
09-13-2009, 09:43 AM
are you guys going to incorporate some sort of self centering rings into the pads (kind of like buff-n-shines) or is it going to be old school?

Bobby G
09-13-2009, 09:59 AM
are you guys going to incorporate some sort of self centering rings into the pads (kind of like buff-n-shines) or is it going to be old school?

The pads do a good job centering with the backing plate we are using in the system. Unfortunately, the backing plate does not have a centering hole.

The backing plate, pad and polish combo are all part of the success. I know it sounds strange, but the super thin, flexible backing plate does make a difference. I will take and post pics next week when I`m back in the studio.