PDA

View Full Version : remedy to make bug splatter cleanup easier?

The Enforcer
09-10-2009, 08:08 PM
tomorrow ill be driving over an hour for a car show at lowes motor speedway in charlotte. the car wont be washed once i get up there, just dusted and QD`d. i HATE trying to clean bugs off the front of my car after long trips. if i apply wax to the front bumper, and dont buff it off...will this make the cleanup easier as far as bugs and grime go? i know the drag racers leave wax on the quarter panels so the burnt rubber comes off easy...i didnt know how well this would work for bugs.

ryotto
09-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Well your going to want to buff off the wax residue. Detail your car real good. Then just drive slower to the car show. By driving slower you will get less bug splatters and what bugs hit your car wont splatter as bad. Then when you get there just very carefully QD the bugs off.

MaksimumAuto
09-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Good Tip: Saturate the splatter using foamy water. Their a lot easier to remove if their not absolutely dried and hard.

The Enforcer
09-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Well your going to want to buff off the wax residue. Detail your car real good. Then just drive slower to the car show. By driving slower you will get less bug splatters and what bugs hit your car wont splatter as bad. Then when you get there just very carefully QD the bugs off.

people always say that wax HAS to be buffed off....but sometimes when i wax my car....ill forget to buff it off my mirrors or radom parts like that. ill find it a week later, it comes off as easy as it would have if i were to take it off immendiately. no negative effects. why would i need to buff it off? i know people always say to do it, but from personal expereince it hasnt ever hurt anything, and its proven that it helps make cleanup easier on melted tire rubber! im not arguing, just trying to be more educated.

The Enforcer
09-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Then just drive slower to the car show.

forgot to mention....this is the car, kinda hard to drive slow in, esp on the interstate!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b288/kyles2000z/Z28%2009/G13005.jpg

White lexus 23
09-10-2009, 09:01 PM
You could tape some somthing like plastic wrap to it like Reynolds wrap it should act like a bra somewhat

buddyb
09-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Tape off the whole front end with 3m masking tape don`t do it hard on there, comes off easy peel, and just wax. an hour will not let it get hard enough for it to stick.

The Enforcer
09-10-2009, 09:37 PM
lol....i tihnk i would spend mroe time taping up the front of my car, than i would removin the bug splatter. i just thought someone would have an easy fix....ill still try my wax idea and see how it does

razzle
09-11-2009, 03:41 AM
This is lovebug season in Mobile. Please post how your wax

Plan works out. Thanks

Tru_Shine
09-11-2009, 05:52 AM
hey, something easier then 3m tape is Gladwear Press N Seal. its clear and sticks to the front of your car and pulls right off, and it is in BIG Sheets so easier to apply

JaredPointer
09-11-2009, 06:26 AM
What about a mix of QD/Bug Squash? You could spray it on the leading edges, let it sit while you do the rest of the car, and come back to it after it`s had time to soak/soften the bug remains?

buddyb
09-11-2009, 09:09 AM
how long does it take you to tape off the front of a car? seriously? about 10 minutes, you`ll spend more than 10 minutes getting bugs off.

or what trushine stated. it`s an hour drive, it wont be that bad.

The Enforcer
09-11-2009, 07:27 PM
did the wax thing....and it was fine, even in 85 degree heat in sunlight. it was MEGS 26 yellow wax. came off easy, and the few bugs that DID stick came right off with the wax. pretty cool this actually worked how i hoped! i figured id get flamed for even suggesting it

nailzer
09-12-2009, 06:24 AM
I usually put a couple of coats of P21S on the front end during our lovebug seasons and spray Pam Canola oil on the radiator to prevent bug buildup.