PDA

View Full Version : City drive by bug fogger/ sprayer

imported_Devilsown
09-10-2009, 08:04 PM
This is both a "hot tub" and detailing related question so I figured this would be best spot.

I live in the south and we get this truck that drives by a few times a year and sprays a mist of something in the air.

1. What is it, I`m sure its for mosquito control, but as I said what is it?

2. Is it harmful to humans, I ask cause my carcass got fogged when I was washing my cars, hacked up a lung and went into full retreat mode:bolt and proceed to get into mopp 4 (for us military folk) or a full chem suit with mask, not really but was tempted in case they made a second pass to go for the kill.

3. Is it bad for paint? I try to at least hose the cars off with water after they go by.

Thanks

kaptain_zero
09-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Bossier City does not list what product they use for fogging but as the trucks are tooling about in our fair city every night doing the same thing, it`s probably the same product, namely MALATHION 95 ULV.

As for it being harmful to humans.... lots of controversy on it, people who are sensitive to the product here can call in and have the trucks avoid spraying their property and a couple more each side of theirs. It`s recommended to keep the windows and doors closed when the trucks are out but they only run during the night when it`s dark and most people are indoors. I head inside if I hear the truck coming but I can`t say I`ve ever felt any effects from it. I might drop dead tomorrow though...... :nixweiss

Can`t offer any more info I`m afraid....

Regards

Christian

imported_Devilsown
09-11-2009, 09:44 PM
As you said they come by at night when MOST people are inside, well when its to hot to wash cars in the summer I wash at night, SO basicly Im screwed, but I do try to head in if I hear them coming, I also bring in the dogs.

kaptain_zero
09-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Bossier City has a web page for insect control where you can see the fogging schedule. At least then you know which night you need to watch out for the trucks. Around here the weather frequently upsets the schedule and they only publish the upcoming night`s fogging areas providing the weather holds, if it doesn`t, the next day they re-list the areas that they couldn`t hit the previous night. Your site seems to list the entire rotation, which nights are where etc.

Regards

Christian