PDA

View Full Version : Splatter

cjbigcog
09-09-2009, 08:20 PM
After polishing my car (w/ rotary) I came across some areas that had a small amount of splatter from the SIP that I had used. Probably had been there for a few days drying. Thought I could just spray something on this and wipe away. NOT! Tried: APC 10:1, APC 4:1, Prepsol, IPA/H20. Nothing seemed to work. Ended up claying the car. Aside from the obvious..cleaning up right away, is there anything else that would have dissolved the dried SIP?

memnuts
09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
I know this sounds crazy but Poorboy`s Spray and wipe works great for cleaning up splatter even on textured plastics. I stumbled across this tip when I was working on a car over a few days and was wiping down a car that I had to let sit over night in the midst of polishing steps

imported_Jakerooni
09-10-2009, 11:30 AM
any foaming glass cleaner will do it almost instantly.

cjbigcog
09-10-2009, 11:34 AM
The glass cleaner worked great. Thanks!

imported_Jakerooni
09-10-2009, 03:13 PM
anytime.. It`s what I live for :D

Junebug
09-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Good one Jake!

imported_paintxpert
09-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Spatter is something that you will master as you get better. You should have NO spatter because you start very SLOW when you first start on a panel. Work in the polish if you see spatter SLOW DOWN your speed. Inspect for Spatter after the job is done use a damp microfibre to remove. REMEMBER when it comes to detail products...LESS IS MORE. Less is more, too much just flies around the car. Use a spatter proof product ...like Stoner Speed Bead ...spray two shots on the pad per panel ALL YOUR spatter headaches will be a thing of the past. Stoner is also priced very well and holds up for 90 days in the weather.