PDA

View Full Version : Looking to try out some new products

CocheseUGA
09-09-2009, 12:15 PM
As with everything, price is always an issue. But results are too. I haven`t been happy with my OTC wheel cleaner, and thought I`d open myself up to suggestions. ONR works well enough, but I was hoping to find something with less agitation. I`m considering P21S/S100, but others (especially if the results are similar and cheaper) are appreciated.

I`m also looking for a good trim/engine dressing that`s a bit more wallet friendly. I wasn`t that impressed with Back to Black on copious trim, and CD2 while it works spectacularly on the engine compartment, can be a bit pricey if I use it a lot. So, looking for something that will replace one or both and is less expensive per ounce. If it can do both, that`s obviously the best way to go.

TIA for the recommendations.

MBurnickas
09-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Nothing wrong with ArmorAll! What are you looking for in a wheel cleaner? A sticky soap or acid for cleaning only or polishing chrome with leaves a great look and protective finish? What kind or wheels?

ninobrn99
09-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Spend up front and save later. Get a gallon of Megs Hyper dressing for your dressing.

CocheseUGA
09-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Spend up front and save later. Get a gallon of Megs Hyper dressing for your dressing.

That`s along the line I was thinking of, but they have so many dressings I don`t know which one to go with.

And yes, I`m looking for a wheel cleaner that does more than just run and cause streaking.

XRL
09-09-2009, 01:32 PM
As with everything, price is always an issue. But results are too. I haven`t been happy with my OTC wheel cleaner, and thought I`d open myself up to suggestions. ONR works well enough, but I was hoping to find something with less agitation. I`m considering P21S/S100, but others (especially if the results are similar and cheaper) are appreciated.

I`m also looking for a good trim/engine dressing that`s a bit more wallet friendly. I wasn`t that impressed with Back to Black on copious trim, and CD2 while it works spectacularly on the engine compartment, can be a bit pricey if I use it a lot. So, looking for something that will replace one or both and is less expensive per ounce. If it can do both, that`s obviously the best way to go.

TIA for the recommendations.

I found that the biggest factor in my wheels being cleaned was the brush I used on them. I had a bottle of Black Magic wheel cleaner that I thought was terrible. Then I switched to a new wheel brush, and I`ve found it works much better. It`s not as aggressive as a lot of other stuff out there, I`ve found the Meg`s wheel cleaner to be much more aggressive. What wheel cleaner are you using now?

TW F21 trim dressing is cheap and works well, depending on what you`re looking to use it for. Comes in a little neon green spray bottle.

Hyper dressing and the water based dressing are cool because you can use it on like anything you want.

CocheseUGA
09-10-2009, 08:38 AM
OK, options being mulled so far:

Engine/trim:

-Meg`s Hyper Dressing

-Meg`s All Season Dressing

-Meg`s Silicon-Free Dressing

Wheels/tires:

-CG Sticky Gel

-CG Diablo

-P21S/S100

-Griot`s

-custom mix involving CWG (another member mentioned it, but didn`t go into details)

Others? More thoughts?

JimmyCutlass
09-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Hyperdressing is great for engine dressing, especially because you can dilute it to the sheen you like: satin, medium shine and high shine. It also works just fine on tires but doesn`t last very long.

All Season Dressing is well suited for engine dressing and tire dressing. It last for a very long time on both.

For a good OTC tire dressing, look for NXT Insane Shine tire shine. It really is the highest shine dressing I`ve seen, super easy to apply and literally the longest lasting dressing I`ve ever used. After the first few days the shine begins to diminish but it keeps a nice low gloss finish. After a thorough scrubbing with Westley`s Bleche-Wite it still had that low-gloss look. Big thumbs up from me! :2thumbs: