PDA

View Full Version : Rain After Detail

Freaky Fresh
09-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Does anybody not have a problem with it raining after many hours of hard detailing work:buffing:

i kinda like seeing the beading on the car and how it still kinda looks clean (or cleaner than other cars) after a rain shower...but for the most part i hate it!

what are you guys` opinion?

Mobilejay
09-08-2009, 09:23 PM
If I`m removing swirls or imperfections, no cause rains not going to bring them back. If I am just washing cause its dirty and it rains right after, yes a bit irritating

Nopstnz8
09-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Does anybody not have a problem with it raining after many hours of hard detailing work:buffing:

i kinda like seeing the beading on the car and how it still kinda looks clean (or cleaner than other cars) after a rain shower...but for the most part i hate it!

what are you guys` opinion?

I strongly agree with this! I hate the rain cause it forces me to have to do a full wash of my wheels and the paint right away. Since I use ONR, I usually separate this into two different days, cause my wheels are very delicate, and take a while to be done right. Plus, if I am really not in the mood, I can usually just wait another day since dust looks much better than water spots. Water spots cause me so much frustration, I just can`t wait it off a few days by driving around like that. Plus, the rain just pisses me off regarding my wheels. They can look perfect right before the rain, but once the rotors get all wet, my wheels get covered in that rusty brake dust that has liquefied, which means I have to wash them again. :( Thankfully I live in an area where rain is seasonal, so I don`t have to even worry about this except for mostly in the winter. If I did, I don`t even know how I would be able to deal with it.

POPPAJ
09-09-2009, 06:42 AM
I`m going to be the lone wolf on this I think but, I almost enjoy a rain after a detail. I pull up a chair, set myself down with mug of coffee and watch the rain just roll off the paint. Seems a little strange but the Dr says I`m O.K.

alexjn1
09-09-2009, 10:44 AM
I have learned not to let it bother me if it rains after I detail my truck. All those water beads with the soft lighting looks great when I am parked next to other vehicles.

I also live out in the country so field and gravel dust are the biggest irritation for me. Once my truck is clean I can drive to town once and you can already see a dusty haze on the vehicle. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

markw78
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Lol I had to go to work last night around 11pm, and the stupid sprinklers were on all over the lot... I damn near parked in the street to avoid driving through them after spending 20+ hours on the car this weekend lol

Nopstnz8
09-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Lol I had to go to work last night around 11pm, and the stupid sprinklers were on all over the lot... I damn near parked in the street to avoid driving through them after spending 20+ hours on the car this weekend lol

I know what you mean. Where I live, they run the sprinklers all over town at night, so I have to take alternate routes, and even swerve to avoid the large puddles. Really pisses me off that there is that much runoff and such in the streets, so spot up my clean finish/ :(

s7n7a7k7e
09-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I`m going to be the lone wolf on this I think but, I almost enjoy a rain after a detail. I pull up a chair, set myself down with mug of coffee and watch the rain just roll off the paint. Seems a little strange but the Dr says I`m O.K.

LOL It`s funny that you say that. Today it was pouring while I was driving my black Durango on the way home this afternoon. The beading on my hood was insane. They were so tight it almost looked like my hood was covered in diamonds and were rolling off with the wind as I drove. Collinite FTW!

:2thumbs: