PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a used Audi A3, need help with hood

cgprelude
09-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey guys, I know I`m new but I`ve been reading articles here for awhile. It`s been a great resource! I recently purchases a 07 Audi a3 black and after buying it decided to give it a wash. This is when I realized that the paint felt like sandpaper! I never felt the paint because it looked OK, you only notice damage when you feel it. So after the initial wash i realized how terrible paint was. Water marks everywhere, extremely rough hood and roof.

My assumption is the lady never washed the car and left it under a tree it`s entire life :( So last week I decided to detail it.

I started by washing with Poorboy Car shampoo, then used Meguiars Clay(didn`t help at all) and detailing spray then washed it again. After that I used a Porter Cable to apply Meguiars paint cleaner, then used Meguiars Complete Compound, then Klasse All in one polish. I finished the job with a sealant and then wax.

Outcome - The hood is about 60% fixed, it`s still rougher then any hood i`ve ever felt but compared to before now I can sleep at night. The sunroof still has severve water spots. Hood as white fade spots.

What would you guys suggest? :help: After reading it seems that I can use Vinegar to remove the water marks. Not sure how to repair Hood. It seems that an orbital buffer would do the job but i`m afraid to use one since I`ve never done it before.

Thanks!

Chris

cgprelude
09-09-2009, 12:10 PM
So I`m also thinking maybe I used wrong pad with the port cable. I used the yellow pad for all steps maybe my problem was that I should have used the Dark red meguiars pad while compounding.

I guess I`ll give that a try and hit the sunroof with Vinegar and see it that does the job.