PDA

View Full Version : ONR saved my life

Pages : [1] 2 3

757motoring
09-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I pulled up to a job site just to do a quick wash on a clients car got it vacuumed pulled out my pressure washer wand and crank the PW up and water everywhere :wall what do I do don`t have time to figure it out. So I remember I got some onr on my last order good time to try it out remembered what I read in post and viewed scottwax youtube video so I went at it and boy was I impressed with the results. I would have been dry because of the lack of a hose and water everywhere if I didn`t get soaked by the PW. As for the PW it was a o ring that blew out the coupler but it found a new enemy Mr onr. So I will be using it in the up coming weeks to get more comfortable with it but I`m satisfied with it already.

imported_Devilsown
09-06-2009, 07:22 PM
you will find yourself always reaching for ONR, I had my doubts but Im very impressed with it thus far.

efnfast
09-06-2009, 08:45 PM
I agree, you have to love ONR.

The only thing I don`t like about it is because the concept is still so foreign to me (Even though it`s the only thing I use), whenever I`m going over my vehicles with a fine tooth comb and see a scratch here or there in the clear, I always find myself wondering if that was there before, or if the ONR did it.

But then I rationalize that it`s like a 1.5`` scratch and there`s no other ones around anywhere else, so it must have been there before.

*sigh*Don`t you just "love" our "hobby" :)

LQ9SS
09-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I will not use ONR on my black truck.

Thats Fresh
09-06-2009, 11:22 PM
I use ONR on weekly washes on my jet black M3. Still no swirls from washing/drying. Gotta love ONR.

Thats Fresh
09-06-2009, 11:24 PM
ONR to the rescue! Lucky you had it in the stash

Scottwax
09-06-2009, 11:35 PM

35-40% of the vehicles I do are black. I do not even hesitate to use ONR on them, including the soft black paints like G35s and BMW 3 series.

Thats Fresh
09-06-2009, 11:39 PM
So Scott, you`re saying you don`t use ONR washes on soft paints? You just use the 2BM? Making me wonder haha

efnfast
09-07-2009, 12:17 AM
So Scott, you`re saying you don`t use ONR washes on soft paints? You just use the 2BM? Making me wonder haha

He said he uses ONR on them.

Reading skills are important ;)

scary bill
09-07-2009, 12:57 AM

*I* would.

:nixweiss

35-40% of the vehicles I do are black. I do not even hesitate to use ONR on them, including the soft black paints like G35s and BMW 3 series.

This is why.^^^

I was skeptical at first. I still only use ONR *my* way. I do pre treat the panels with ONR at wash strength first.

If there is a ton of gritty nasty stuff on the paint I PW/foam that off then ONR wash. For me, it is faster to blast it off first. Both methods take about the same amount of time and get the same results.

I don`t have a black truck, but I have a gray, dark blue and a dark red (honda *soft*). There isn`t any wash/dry marring.

People OTOH :hairpull

Bunky
09-07-2009, 05:26 AM
Since a few claim that ONR can mar and others say it does not, I suspect the difference may be wash technique (tools, drying, amount used). When I use ONR, I make up at least 3 gallons.

I think Scotwax uses the 1 bucket method.

757motoring
09-07-2009, 05:30 AM
You guys are what made me a believer it took reading alot of post before I decided to pull the trigger and get some. Look in scottwax signature he has some videos on youtube demostrating how to use it. I also mixed it as clay lube and quick detailer hope it works well too.

How`s it going thats fresh?

AeroCleanse
09-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Once you start using ONR its hard to go back to the old way of doing things.

Scottwax
09-07-2009, 01:16 PM

http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/pat.gif Do I need to rewrite that sentence?

The ONLY time I don`t use ONR is if a vehicle is caked in mud. Paint hardness doesn`t even enter into my decision.

AeroCleanse
09-07-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/pat.gif Do I need to rewrite that sentence?

The ONLY time I don`t use ONR is if a vehicle is caked in mud. Paint hardness doesn`t even enter into my decision.

I still use ONR in that case, I just hit it with my steamer first to get rid of as much mud as possible.