PDA

View Full Version : MF interior applicators?

imported_AZ Ferrari Man
09-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey guys, a couple of questions I was thinking about the other day,

1:I usually use the standard yellow foam applicator pad for application of my interior dressings and leather conditioners. I was wondering who uses a microfiber applicator for these tasks? I have read you don`t have streaking issues when using a mf applicator (square or round etc). But, given the great absorbency of microfiber, wouldn`t more of the product you wish to be applied to the panels or seats be absorbed into the microfiber instead of being deposited onto the seats or panels?

2: A lot of us buff the seat or dash after the application of a dressing or conditioner to give it a matte (flat) appearance. I was wondering if any of you feel that by doing so we are removing some of the protective qualities of the said dressing or conditioner?

Thanks for the help guys, have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!!

imported_smprince1
09-06-2009, 02:30 AM
1:I usually use the standard yellow foam applicator pad for application of my interior dressings and leather conditioners. I was wondering who uses a microfiber applicator for these tasks? I have read you don`t have streaking issues when using a mf applicator (square or round etc). But, given the great absorbency of microfiber, wouldn`t more of the product you wish to be applied to the panels or seats be absorbed into the microfiber instead of being deposited onto the seats or panels?

!!

I usually use the round fabric covered foam applicators for interior dressings. Some are MF and some are cotton, but both fabrics have a rather small nap (almost smooth) so I don`t think they absorb all that much product. Keep in mind a plain foam applicator absorbs some product anyway. The terry covered rectangular foam applicators I use to apply/work exterior polishes have a much thicker nap.

2: A lot of us buff the seat or dash after the application of a dressing or conditioner to give it a matte (flat) appearance. I was wondering if any of you feel that by doing so we are removing some of the protective qualities of the said dressing or conditioner?

I usually wait before buffing off the excess. That way whatever product will be absorbed will have time to reach a certain level of saturation before buffing off the excess dressing.

imported_AZ Ferrari Man
09-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks for you insight!

Andrew

imported_AZ Ferrari Man
09-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Does using MF applicators for interior products reduce streaking?

ThrillHo
09-06-2009, 10:53 AM
AZ, I believe some people pre-dampen their applicator with something like water or even your interior QD as to elimate the absorbtion risk.

I`ve never had problems with interior products streaking, what products do you use?

Lastly, when do I get to go for a ride in your car? :bow

imported_AZ Ferrari Man
09-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Haha, the Ferrari was my fathers...I didnt get rides very much either! I am using Optimum Leather protcetant, and 303 buffed.

Bunky
09-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Does using MF applicators for interior products reduce streaking?

The best way to reduce streaking is to apply whatever you are using to the applicator by priming it and use the applicator to spread. This uses the least product and usually goes where you want it. You can come behind with a mf towel to dry or buff out if necessary.