PDA

View Full Version : Leather Master in Direct Sun

shadow85
09-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Is Leather Master a product capable of being used when the car is in direct sunlight?

imported_detail1
09-05-2009, 03:03 PM
U r actually suppose to use it when the leather is warm so using it in the sun is optimal.

jfelbab
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM
U r actually suppose to use it when the leather is warm so using it in the sun is optimal.

You saw this where? There is nothing in the instructions for their Cleaner or Protection Cream that I have that states that.

David Fermani
09-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Using Leather Masters in the sun will be fine. I`ve talked with a few leather Pros and they`ve even suggested turning the seat heaters on while cleaning.

jfelbab
09-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Using Leather Masters in the sun will be fine. I`ve talked with a few leather Pros and they`ve even suggested turning the seat heaters on while cleaning.

See, I know a LM pro and he states just the opposite is true. He asserts that heat will speed the drying time of the cleaner and you don`t want to have the cleaner dry on the leather. That is in the instruction, BTW. Cooler leather means longer working and dwell time.

I`ve found the LM strong cleaner to work equally well warm or cold. Whatever works for you.

David Fermani
09-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Grouse (who a turned me onto LM) & my local LM rep (Stainsafe.com) told me about using heat. Heat more than likely will speed up the drying process, but it also speeds up the cleaning process, especially on heavy soiling. As long as you concentrate on keeping the product wet, I`m sure you`d never have a problem.