PDA

View Full Version : How much OCW to use?

mds1001
09-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Hey guys,

My car had dirt and ash from the fires here in LA so I wanted to clean it really well. Took it to the coin op and spayed off all the junk and did an ONR and OCW to it. As I was spaying on the wax I wasn`t sure how much to use. I have a smallish car (2010 Prius) and went through about a 3rd of the bottle (~5 ounces, I`d guess). Is that enough, too much? How many cars should I be able to do with one 17oz bottle of OCW?

Thanks!

brwill2005
09-04-2009, 02:31 PM
A few spritz per panel is all that is need. I would say a 3rd of the bottle was a bit too much. BTW, How did it come out?

mds1001
09-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Looks pretty good...I needed to QD it a bit because I didn`t dry it well enough in a few spots...or maybe because I put too much on. For a quick wash n wax its pretty great. If I`d spent more time on it I`m sure it would look even better.

willtothewong
09-04-2009, 04:45 PM
ocw is freaking awesome

just make sure you wipe off the residue. i notice that i have to qd the car after ocw because some parts leave crap. but a qd is like what, another 5 minutes or so

=D

Shuskan3
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Hold the bottle around 2 feet from the panel and mist the panel. You are wasting a lot of the product otherwise.

dervdave
09-05-2009, 04:05 AM
A third of a bottle ? I think you`ve washed it with OCW :chuckle:

Far too much bud, just a nice spritz will do !

gofastman
09-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Hey guys,

My car had dirt and ash from the fires here in LA so I wanted to clean it really well. Took it to the coin op and spayed off all the junk and did an ONR and OCW to it. As I was spaying on the wax I wasn`t sure how much to use. I have a smallish car (2010 Prius) and went through about a 3rd of the bottle (~5 ounces, I`d guess). Is that enough, too much? How many cars should I be able to do with one 17oz bottle of OCW?

Thanks!

A little goes a LONG way. Just because you dont see the product actually on the surface doesn`t mean its not there, the layer of wax that stays on the surface is very, very thin. I fold a MF cloth, put 1 spritz on the cloth when I start and then use one spritz per panel.

mds1001
09-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks guys...I had a feeling I was overdoing it. I ended up with a fair amount of streaking, and I suspect my overuse of product caused it. Lesson learned, haha. At least I know I`ve got some wax on there! :D

Quick followup question: My drying towel probably has a fair amount of wax on it, although its quite clean otherwise. Should I machine wash it before using it again, or is having some wax on the towel ok? I`d imagine it would diminish its drying ability.

Thanks!

Mike

craigdt
09-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Yep too much.

And yes, I would wash your towel.

Good luck

Scottwax
09-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Takes less than an ounce to cover my Maxima.

Bunky
09-07-2009, 05:32 AM
Takes less than an ounce to cover my Maxima.

This made me think that maybe someone should measure an ounce in a measuring cup and use that sample to see how long it lasts. This will tell you if you are using to much.