PDA

View Full Version : Quick Zaino Question

beingtl
09-04-2009, 01:37 PM
When I was in high school, about 7 years ago, I purchased my Zaino products. At this date I still have Z2 Z5 Z6 Z7 and Z12. I am using the PC 7424. My plan prior to applying Zaino is to use my 3m swirl remover and then a dawn wash. My question is do I have to start with Z1 or can I start with Z2? Also what is the shelf life of the Zaino products, in 7 years have my products gone bad?

Thanks,

Tyler

2004 Metallic Silver Mazda 3

Kean
09-04-2009, 02:20 PM
....well, it`s been quite a while since Z-1 was replaced by Zfx. As far as shelf life, here is what Zaino has to say about it:

A 70° room temperature is best for the longevity of Zaino products. Due to the optical additives used, extreme heat or cold can result in a decrease in gloss-enhancing properties.

When stored at average room temperature between 65° and 75° degrees, shelf life is as follows:

Z-PC 3+ years

Z-AIO 3+ years

Z-CS 5+ years

Z-1 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-2 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-3 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-5 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-6 5+ years

Z-7 5+ years

Z-8 5+ years

Z-9 5+ years

Z-10 For optimum results, use before 2 years.

Z-12 For optimum results, use before 2 years.

Z-14 For optimum results, use before 2 years.

Z-16 3 to 5 years

Z-18 5 years +

ZFX For optimum results, keep tightly capped, avoiding moisture. Use before 24 months.

Personally, I have never seen an appreciable decrease in the performance from any of the bottles of Zaino products I`ve had sitting around for a couple of years in my garage. ....but then again, I have never had one sitting around for as long as you have (~7 years).

Zaino recommends Z-1 or Zfx at a minimum when using products like Z-2 & Z-5. With Zfx enabled Z-2 or Z-5, you can add up to 3 layers within 24 hours. Having said that, I have seen others that claim that they see no difference in simply applying Z-2 or Z-5 without Zfx (or Z-1). I have only used those two products as directed so I can`t help you with a personal opinion.

wannafbody
09-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Z5P or Z2P will work without ZFX but durability will probably be less than optimal.

mongo
09-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Zaino does make some great products.

On his website i think there is a shelf life of his products.

Good luck! :D

Kean
09-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Zaino does make some great products.

On his website i think there is a shelf life of his products.

Good luck! :D ....I posted it already. ;)