PDA

View Full Version : HD FREE: Interesting Facts

imported_admin
09-04-2009, 10:44 AM
HD FREE is a water[less] car wash lotion. It was so named because it frees you from a bucket and hose and allows you to wash your car anywhere... like in your garage!

We took up the annotation "water[less]" because the product significantly reduces the amount of water required to clean your car. We do realize that there will be times when your car is simply too dirty to wipe without rinsing, and recommend a pre-rinse when that is the case (when my truck is too dirty, I take it to the coin-op car wash and use their pressure washer because car washing is no longer allowed in my neighborhood).

We call it a "car wash lotion" because a lotion is something you put on your skin to make it look and feel better. That`s what HD FREE does! Plus, in its concentrated form, it is a lotion and comes packaged in a lotion bottle.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-23057745957616_2069_6649618

One of the most frequent questions I hear is "Won`t I scratch my car by wiping it when it`s dirty?" This is both an understandable concern and potentially a real issue.

I first started giving my own car a "waterless wash" somewhere around 1987. Back then Meguair`s was the only quick detailer around, and I used a lot of it. At the time I was driving my Porsche 944 Turbo up and down the East coast to and from client accounts, and every night before putting the car to bed with its cover on, I gave it a full waterless wash. I never "scratched" the finish, per se, but I did have my share of swirl marks to deal with on a regular basis.

The reason a spray-n-wipe waterless wash works is because it adds lubrication. The job of any waterless wash product is to emulsify, encapsulate, and lubricate. If they do this job correctly, waterless washing of the car is actually safer than traditional methods of car washing.

Now, I know I`m likely to get a lot of push back on the above statement, but I believe from my own testing that it is true. Think of it this way... how long would your engine run if you removed the oil and filled the crank case with water? The answer is, not very long. That`s because water does not lubricate. Because water does not lubricate, even the act of hosing down your car (if not done properly) can create damage from large particles (the water pressure agitates the surface just like a brush or wash mitt).

The other question I hear a lot is "Why shouldn`t I just use my favorite detail spray as a waterless wash?" You can, but realize these products were really designed to remove finger prints, light dust, etc. Most detailing sprays don`t have enough lubrication or cleaning power to handle a heavily soiled surface. Plus, they are designed to dry fast, whereas a waterless wash has wetting agents designed to do just the opposite.

The cleaning ability of a detail spray comes from its drying agent (normally a form of alcohol or ethanol). The cleaning ability in a properly designed waterless wash comes from surfactants. The surfactants and wetting agents are what cause the emulsification of the soil so the lubricants can surround the particles. Once this happens, you literally have a ball bearing effect in place when you wipe.

When creating HD FREE water[less] car wash lotion, the design team had several criteria for the new product:

1. Superior cleaning properties

2. Superior lubrication to prevent scratching (with independent proof)

3. True wax (not just silicone) for increased shine and protection

4. Conservation and reduced overall cost

5. Convenience

6. Wide range of application (exterior, interior, home, etc.)

Job accomplished!

When you use HD FREE, you are truly washing and waxing in a single step. The product was sent to the Bureau Veritas to verify all claims, specifically cleaning without scratching. I can tell you what the wax finish is like, but you have to see it to believe it.

The conservation and reduced overall cost goal was met through the development of the concentrate. The concentrate reduce packaging waste, reduce shipping cost (and fuel use), etc. The concentrate will be available in other packaging options soon to further reduce waste.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-23057745957616_2068_4563113

Right now, HD Car Care is offering a free bottle of concentrate when you purchase a bottle of ready-to-use (one free bottle of concentrate per order only). All orders have a 100% money back guarantee.

HD FREE Waterless Car Wash Lotion (http://hdcarcare.com/hd-free-waterless-car-wash-spray.html)