PDA

View Full Version : Claying And Wax

ricky23
09-03-2009, 10:27 PM
So im back again with a question how much deatailer should you put on with your clay? im going to buy meguiars clay kit and after im done claying how long do i have to wait to wax my car with Meguiars NXT liquid wax im not going to wash my car after i clay it im going to do it in a shady spot.

also wondering when you clay your car does it matter if it goes on vinyl parts and do you have to clay it then buff it a little with microfiber cloth?

Also i was wondering whats Carnabua Wax Meguiar`s® Step 2 Polish | Canadian Tire

Theres that Meguiars wax that looks great is this a good wax even though it has steps 1-3 can i just buy step 2 that one in the link and wax my silver Acura TSX because it says WET look and thats what i want

Also the quick detailers of like Turtle Wax or Meguairs how do you add them to your car with a clean cloth right? does the car have to be clean. Are quick Detailers just a easy way of a quick wax???

Thanks

Double Dizzle
09-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Spray each area you are claying (I usually do one panel at a time) liberally and keep it wet or the clay will stick to the finish. You can wax your vehicle right after claying as long as you have dried it off of course. I recommend a quick wash after claying to get rid of any residue before moving on to the next step. I apply quick detailer with a plush MF buffing towel....the car doesn`t have to be CLEAN, but shouldn`t be dirty either. I would only use that if it is a bit dusty or maybe got sprinkled on. Quick detailer is not the same as a wax as far as I know. It may shine it up good but there isn`t gonna be the same layer of protection.