PDA

View Full Version : Difference between M-seal and Jetseal109

Chris Shades
09-03-2009, 03:31 PM
I am wondering what is the difference in quality between the two. Is jetseal really worth the $$$? Does anyone on the boards here use M-seal and if so what kind of results are you geting. I plan to have it toped with CG 50/50 either way. Im just trying to figure out if using jetseal for my business is gonna be worth it or not.

dervdave
09-03-2009, 11:03 PM
You might as well throw Rejex into the equation :lol

vdiesel
09-04-2009, 06:11 AM
that is my issue with a few of Chemical guys` products...

un clear why there are so many that seem similar but different prices. how does one know which one is better or for what purpose?

I have used jetseal and I like it took me 2 attempt to understand what thin layer meant. it works well with 2 layers, leave some time in between to cure. (not sure if there isn`t an equivalent for lower cost).

works well, looks good, my car is an 2008 so the paint is in fairly good condition. once it is in action seems to protect well not sure about durability. you need 2 layers to have it bead properly.

but yes.... my issue with CG... too many products... interesting but how do you know what you really need.

too many sealants,

too many waxes,

too many quick detailers

I do not like the product descriptions... just vague..

steelwind101
09-04-2009, 09:49 AM
too many sealants,

too many waxes,

too many quick detailers

I do not like the product descriptions... just vague..

HERE HERE! There like those really cheap chinese fireworks, you can read the description but what it really does is anyones guess!

I have a some of there products that say "has no cleaners" a few lines down "the gentle cleaning action will remove....".

There are one or two not bad products in the range, neither M Seal or Jetseal really impressed me.

Quality sealants such as Wolfgang Deep Gloss 3.0, Zaino, Werkstatt, FK 1000P, Liquid Souervan Polycharged, 4 Star UPP Polycharged provide good results, are easy to use and generally lack the hassle and bs factor involved in many Chemical Guys products.

In relation to your question about Jet Seal, i found it to be pretty strong when it was fresh. Salt from the roads dident seem to penetrate but its acutual durability was pretty weak at around 6 weeks for looks and not much longer before the beading becomes pretty poor. I have used it over CG EZ GLAZE mainly.

I know some people use it on the wheels b/c its quite good at standing up the elements while it lasts.

Chris Shades
09-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the input guys, Im actually really considering just using zaino. I feel that customers who know what it is will apreciat that I use it on their car. I havent heard much negative about Zaino and im located in northern Ca, where humidity is not really an issue.

On a side note, is anyone a user of any of the CG brand compounds I was considering cgc2- medium compound scratch fighter. It has a medium abrasivness but Im not sure what it can be compared to i.e meguiars daimond cut or Ultimate compund? any more info or comments are apreciated.

wannafbody
09-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Based on the photo`s I`ve seen I`d guess the difference is just a couple days difference in durability between them.