PDA

View Full Version : HD UNO: Interesting Facts

imported_admin
09-03-2009, 12:15 PM
HD UNO was so named because, as a single polish, it accomplishes so many different tasks. In my testing prior to product launch, I used it for:

- Paint correction (in wet sand, cut, buff process) by DA and rotary

- Swirl and hologram removal by hand and DA

- Clearcoat scratch removal by spot pad and cordless drill, and by hand

- Paint Finishing and Jeweling by DA

- Clear plastic scratch and scuff removal

- Glass cleaning and water spot removal

- Polishing aluminum

This single polish has done everything I ask of it except hard metals (chrome, stainless, etc.), and it`s done it well. The secret, in each case, is matching the polish with the right pad.

For the HD consumer line, we selected two foams for both hand polishing and polishing via DA. We are still working on the professional line to find the best blend of wools for high speed. In initial testing, it seems that Meguiar`s may have gotten it pretty darn close to "just right" with their yellow Solo pad.

HD UNO is a blend of micro-polishing abrasives in a water based emulsion. The abrasives are non-diminishing, super sharp, and precisely shaped to do their job when suspended by the proper substrate (foam, wool, microfiber, etc.). The substrate of the application tool is very important because if it can`t hold the abrasives to its surface, the abrasives cant do their job.

Long lasting lubricants in the emulsion give HD UNO excellent work time and keep the abrasives from scouring. The lubrication property in HD UNO is so important that a couple percent more lubrication kills the cutting properties all together.

When you feel HD UNO between your fingers, you will be hard pressed to detect an abrasive at all. Yet, in side-by-side tests, HD UNO cut 1500 grit wet sanding marks faster than 5 of the leading "heavy cut" compounds (test conducted using a high-speed rotary with a wool pad). At the same time, HD UNO leaves no scouring and only a trace of hologram, that is easily removed with HD UNO and a soft finishing foam.

The importance of the pads used with HD UNO cannot be overstated. HD UNO (consumer) is a system consisting of HD UNO, the HD UNOPAD (for polishing and paint correction), and the HD POXYPAD for finishing and jeweling.

Your questions and input are welcome.

BigAl3
09-03-2009, 12:53 PM
nice david, can`t wait for some more feedback from the testers... :)

imported_admin
09-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Al,

I have asked 3D if they will create a 2 oz. sample bottle of HD UNO so that more people can try it. They are considering it and will let me know by Monday.

db

agpatel
09-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Any update on the 2oz sample size? Or was the free Uno promo the alternative they picked.

imported_admin
09-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Any update on the 2oz sample size? Or was the free Uno promo the alternative they picked.

I have a meeting with the 3D owners this morning. I will have a final answer on the samples later today.