PDA

View Full Version : Are Maguiar`s products the best on the market?

Pages : [1] 2 3

gregdavidson
09-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Somebody told me to stick with Maguiar`s products for my auto detailing needs because they were the best on the market. Would you guys agree with this?

tom p.
09-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Meguiar`s is very good, no doubt. However, you need to be realistic and realize that you`ll never get a consensus from hundreds of people cruising the internet. There are many fine product lines out there and it really comes down to personal preference.

I hope that makes sense, and welcome aboard, Greg !!

BigAl3
you`re going to get many different answers... something that is the "best" is determined through the user... i personally think some of the megs products are excellent, and priced affordably as well...

Adam's Polishes
Thats a loaded question if I`ve ever seen one :)

I`ll just say this: everyone`s definition of BEST will vary, whats best for you might not be best for the next guy. Things like budget, ease of use, level of skill, willingness to dedicate time, etc will all play a factor in defining what is best for someone.

RaskyR1
09-02-2009, 12:15 PM
oh boy...:argue

gregdavidson
09-02-2009, 12:21 PM
oh boy...:argue

I know what you guys are thinking- boy was this a dumb question. Anyway, which products of Maguiar`s would you recommend I use?

AeroCleanse
09-02-2009, 12:24 PM
The best, how do you define best?

sophmeat
09-02-2009, 12:26 PM
I`d say its probably some of the better OTC stuff, and some of their product is awesome in general.

What I use from megs:

M105/205

nXt2.0

Ultimate Quick Detailer

sejodiren
09-02-2009, 12:26 PM
I know what you guys are thinking- boy was this a dumb question. Anyway, which products of Maguiar`s would you recommend I use?What are you working on? What color is the paint? Is it a DD? Is it a "swirlmobile"? Mequiars makes great products.....something for everyone whether you are a "novice" or a "pro".

TObleRONE
09-02-2009, 12:32 PM
I know what you guys are thinking- boy was this a dumb question. Anyway, which products of Maguiar`s would you recommend I use?

I, as I`m sure other members of this forum, use products from many manufacturers. But I can recommend two Meguiar`s products from my arsenal: Meg`s #26 Yellow Wax and Meg`s All Purpose Cleaner. Meg`s #26 is a great "bang for the buck" product which you can buy online or at many auto parts stores. The APC comes in a gallon and can be mixed to different ratios. It will last you for an eternity and is highly effective. :clap:

CocheseUGA
09-02-2009, 12:48 PM
I don`t think any one manufacturer makes all the best things. You`ll find a mix of multiple companies that will meet your needs best.

Companies I like:

Meg`s

Optimum

Duragloss

Chemical Guys

lasthope05
09-02-2009, 12:53 PM
I wouldnt say Megs are the best as no company have the best of everything in their product catagorys but there are a few megs products that shine.

The top products that I like and use from megs are:

M105

M205

D151

M95

M80

M03 or M07

APC

APC+

WB

M26

NXT 2.0/M21

UQD/M135

M40

I have never tried Hyperdressing but people who`ve tried it love it.

RaskyR1
09-02-2009, 12:54 PM

M105

M205

D120 Glass Cleaner

Last Tocuh

Mild & Aggressive Clay

Hyper Dressing

M40

APC+

Wheel Brightner

JimmyCutlass
09-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Mike Phillips may no longer be inclined to tell you Meguiar`s is the best, though it may be for some. Meguiar`s isn`t necessarily the best of the best in all aspects, but I think that Meguiar`s offers one of the largest assortments of high quality products that are reasonably priced and easily accessible to my knowledge. I can`t think of one Meguiar`s product I have bought and said "gee, this was a waste of money". I detail my own car and my customers` cars with say ~90% Meguiar`s products. There are some alternatives I use because I think they produce better results, but for the most part I have found what I wanted in detailing supplies in the Meguiar`s line.

As the above poster has been known to have said "find what you like and use it often".

Mike_Phillips
09-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Mike Phillips may no longer be inclined to tell you Meguiar`s is the best, though it may be for some.

That`s true.

Just the same, anytime anyone asks for help I respond with,

What are you working on?

What are you trying to accomplish?

How are you doing your work? By hand? Rotary Buffer?

It doesn`t do any good to tell a guy to buy products for a rotary buffer if he`s going to do all his work by hand. Hundreds of people still own and want to use old style orbital buffers like the cheapie kind you get a K-mart and they want to remove swirls out of a clear coat but most people know these types of buffers just don`t have the power for removing swirls out of clear coats it doesn`t do any good to recommend products for this purpose.

Just a few details about your project will help others to provide accurate answers to your questions versus

What should I buy?

As the above poster has been known to have said "find what you like and use it often".

Been using that since 1994 and it`s been working good all these years...

:)