PDA

View Full Version : Are there any affordable machines that are made to shampoo your vehicle`s carpet?

Pages : [1] 2

gregdavidson
09-01-2009, 09:44 PM
So far I haven`t been able to find any machines (other than really expensive commercial ones) that are made to shampoo the carpet in your vehicle. I`ve tried scrubbing my carpet with shampoo and vacuuming it up with a shop-vac and the results seem somewhat okay. However, I`m not so sure whether I`m actually cleaning my carpet or pushing the dirt further in. Does anybody know of any machines that are made for this purpose and will do a better job than scrubbing your carpet by hand.

swan
09-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Bissell makes quite a few. Search little green machine.

E's Exteriors
09-01-2009, 10:17 PM
the mytee tempo. One gallon clean water and a 1.5 reclaim. No heater, very portable. I`ve had mine for three years use on cars and in the house, 4 year old daughter. Half the price of the aztec hot rod. I think that I got mine for about 400.

imported_Jakerooni
09-02-2009, 10:28 AM
You don`t need a machine. you need a better technique. if you want me to walk you through a step by step just PM me and I`ll let you know how to get it done and what you need

slowjeep
09-04-2009, 11:34 AM
why PM..post it!!!!!

gregdavidson
09-04-2009, 12:50 PM
why PM..post it!!!!!

I`m guessing he`s talking about the technique where you apply carpet shampoo to your carpet, scrub it by hand with a carpet scrubber and then suck everything up with a shop-vac. I tried that method a couple of times and it seemed to work alright. However, I`m not so sure how much cleaner the carpet was because there still seemed to be a little shampoo and dirt left that I couldn`t suck up.

Chicagoareanew
09-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I have the little green machine from Bissle and I think it`s ok, not great. It does an - ok job and it`s a better value than renting a rug doctor all the time. I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond with those 20 percent off coupons they always send out.

eddie926
09-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Here`s David Fermani`s brief tutorial on manual carpet cleaning...

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/106012-my-process-manually-cleaning-carpets.html

imported_Jakerooni
09-04-2009, 02:08 PM
I`m guessing he`s talking about the technique where you apply carpet shampoo to your carpet, scrub it by hand with a carpet scrubber and then suck everything up with a shop-vac. I tried that method a couple of times and it seemed to work alright. However, I`m not so sure how much cleaner the carpet was because there still seemed to be a little shampoo and dirt left that I couldn`t suck up.

No that`s not it.. You`re missing some very obvious steps with what you describe. You still need to rinse out the carpet. regardless if you have a carpet extractor or not ;) The extractor is just an easier way to rinse out the fibers. There`s still the old way of doing things that`s just as effective but takes longer.

Scottwax
09-04-2009, 04:39 PM
A Cyclo brush attachment for your DA buffer definitely helps.

swan
09-04-2009, 09:15 PM
No that`s not it.. You`re missing some very obvious steps with what you describe. You still need to rinse out the carpet. regardless if you have a carpet extractor or not ;) The extractor is just an easier way to rinse out the fibers. There`s still the old way of doing things that`s just as effective but takes longer.

So is this a government guarded top secret or what? Share with the rest of the class your technique. I am always curious how others do things wondering if there is a better way.

imported_Jakerooni
09-04-2009, 10:14 PM
I`ve PM`d everyone that has asked about it with reasoning to why I don`t feel it`s in the best interest to post it up here in public. Certian people wouldn`t be able to grasp the concept at play and why certian things are nessecary. I`m sure once you see it you`ll not only see what I`m talking about but why.

swan
09-05-2009, 09:46 AM
I`ve PM`d everyone that has asked about it with reasoning to why I don`t feel it`s in the best interest to post it up here in public. Certian people wouldn`t be able to grasp the concept at play and why certian things are nessecary. I`m sure once you see it you`ll not only see what I`m talking about but why.

Thanks for the PM.

I hear people doing it that way all the time.

I know of a "detailer" at a dealer that uses a pressure washer on interior carpets. Now that is scary. :shocked

imported_Jakerooni
09-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Yea I would defintly NOT recommend using a PW on interior carpets. Nothing but bad things would ensue from that.

IC3DT3
09-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Jakerooni,

I`d like to hear about this method. I`m always looking for ways to improve my process.