PDA

View Full Version : Der shiney stuff=Klasse??

gead0001
09-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Der Shiney Stuff=Klasse???

Hi everyone.....I haven`t been on this website in years. I have some old "Der shiney stuff" laying around, and I have heard that Klasse is either the same, or nearly the same as "Der shiney stuff". Does anyone know if this is correct??

In the past, I have had great results with "Der", and I just bought a brand new Honda Civic Hybrid, in Crystal Black Pearl........needless to say, I am looking for the best way to take care of a Black car. I have not yet washed/detailed the car, so I am thinking of the following:

1) wash car using Dawn liquid soap

2) use a Meguiar`s Clay bar to remove any contaminants

3) Wash car again using Dawn liquid soap

4) Use either the "der shiney stuff", or Klasse aio, possibly followed by Klasse sg

Does this sound reasonable? or do you recommend any better method?? I will NOT be using an Orbital or buffer (hand only)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Setec Astronomy
09-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Ha ha, I vaguely remember that mentioned here once. I don`t know if you have the Klasse already or not, but if you haven`t been here for a while, it`s pretty much been confirmed that Klasse is the US name for Carlack products from Germany. Carlack came out with improved "nano" versions of their products a few years ago, and those "new and improved" "Klasse" products are distributed in this country by WERKSTAT: advancing the technology of automotive detailing (http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com), as Prime and Acrylic Jett. They also have a slew of related/other products.

You also might want to consider the wipe-on, walk-away (WOWA) class of sealants that have come about in recent years. You can get the Ultima products at Autopia Car Care Products - Top Car Detailing Supplies, Car Wax, Car Polishers, Auto Detailing (http://www.autopia-carcare.com), or there is Optimum Opti-Seal and Zaino Clear Seal.

craigdt
09-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Ha ha, I vaguely remember that mentioned here once. I don`t know if you have the Klasse already or not, but if you haven`t been here for a while, it`s pretty much been confirmed that Klasse is the US name for Carlack products from Germany. Carlack came out with improved "nano" versions of their products a few years ago, and those "new and improved" "Klasse" products are distributed in this country by WERKSTAT: advancing the technology of automotive detailing (http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com), as Prime and Acrylic Jett. They also have a slew of related/other products.

Great history lesson. I did not know this.

Setec Astronomy
09-02-2009, 06:31 AM
It was the European members that ran this to ground, mostly Bence. There was a little more to the story than that, including the Shokar detour, if you want to search on that.

gead0001
09-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks setec for the information. I know "Der shiney stuff" was made in Germany, so it`s possible that it`s the same as Older Klasse, or at least relatively close. I may just go ahead and use "der" since I`ve already got it, and I want to detail the car this upcoming weekend, and Klasse won`t come thru the mail that quickly.

Adam's Polishes
09-02-2009, 03:59 PM
I remember DER... I used to love that stuff. I have a couple of old bottles I keep at the back of my cabinet for old times sake.

gead0001
09-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Dylan, I agree....I like the easy way that it goes on, and comes off, while leaving a very nice shine.

Have you ever used it on a Black car??? I`m hoping to try it real soon on the new Honda Civic Hybrid.

mystickid
09-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Setec - great history lesson indeed!

So is werkstat prime = to KAIO and Acrylic Jett = to KSG?

Is the Werkstat system better in durability/Gloss than the orginal Klasse twins?

Adam's Polishes
09-03-2009, 02:54 AM
Dylan, I agree....I like the easy way that it goes on, and comes off, while leaving a very nice shine.

Have you ever used it on a Black car??? I`m hoping to try it real soon on the new Honda Civic Hybrid.

I have in the past, but since they`re no longer around (VOC compliance issues in their manufacturing if I recall correctly) I rely on Adams to keep my black paint looking its best :2thumbs:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/Dylanvonkleist/TBlazer/DSC_4976.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/Dylanvonkleist/TBlazer/DSC_4984.jpg

Setec Astronomy
09-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Setec - great history lesson indeed!

So is werkstat prime = to KAIO and Acrylic Jett = to KSG?

Is the Werkstat system better in durability/Gloss than the orginal Klasse twins?

It`s all here somewhere if you search on it. This is the way I remember it. Carlack isn`t sold here, the Klasse people worked out some sort of exlusive import deal many years ago. When Carlack came out with their new nano formulations, they worked out a different exclusive import deal with Werkstatt (after some original work by eshine to import to North America under the Shokar brand). The original formulas are still sold under the Klasse name (perhaps with some VOC tweaking a few years ago, depending on who you believe).

Yes Prime is the AIO and AJ the sealant...are they better? I haven`t used Werkstatt, but the Autopian consensus seems to be yes, they are better. The big difference as I recall is that KAIO can be wiped off immediately after application while the Prime instruction is to wait for some period of time (30 minutes, I think).