PDA

View Full Version : meguairs product any good?

frankie
07-11-2003, 12:57 AM
anyone use the meguairs MEDALLION paint sealant or #20 polymer sealant if so how did it compare to your usual favorite products?

Tassadar
07-11-2003, 01:56 AM
I havent used it, but I have made it a habit of always topping any polymer sealants with a top quality carnauba.

CharlesW
07-11-2003, 06:43 AM
Meguiar`s Medallion was my wax of choice for several years. Vey little cleaning, decent shine, and supposedly a not too great durability. Since my vehicles rarely go two months without being waxed, the durability was never an issue.
Platinum UPP has been used on my van for slightly over a year now and the appearance of the UPP, (IMO), is far superior to the Medallion. Klasse AIO as a cleaner 3 or 4 times a year and UPP monthly keeps the van looking good. Klasse AIO and S100 used in the same manner does the same on my wife`s car. I will probably try the S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser with the S100 carnauba on my wife`s car in the near future. Another car that is seldom driven gets the AIO/UPP treatment periodically, as well.

CharlesW
07-11-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Tassadar
I havent used it, but I have made it a habit of always topping any polymer sealants with a top quality carnauba. Lots of people do this and I tried it once. I felt I would rather be able to add another coat of sealant without stripping the carnauba.

Don
07-11-2003, 09:20 AM
I agree w/Charles