PDA

View Full Version : Help with tire shine and white letters

gav'spurplez
08-29-2009, 04:40 PM
hey guys,

I`m starting to get tired of the mess with spray on foam tire dressings / shine.

but i feel its my "cheapest" option and it`s also OTC.....

I would like to know if there is a dressing available that i can apply with an applicator that will not dirty / grease up the white lettering on my truck tires....

thanks in advance !!!:2thumbs:

trhland
08-29-2009, 06:06 PM
my tires have raised lettering bfg all terrain . i use bleechwhite to clean them . and then i use optimum dressing . but i spray it on . after a few minutes i wipe with a microfiber towel . and no problem . white lettering is still white. stay away from those slimy silicone dressings .

Daniel3507
08-29-2009, 07:56 PM
ive heard that stuff actually isnt good for tires? im having the same problem though with white letters.

Danspeed1
08-29-2009, 09:07 PM
I use brown royal on both my rims and tires, and then spray on Zaino tire gloss if it has letters, and if not I wipe it on with a applicator. I find the best way to get dressing not to sling is to clean the tires really well before hand.

DG

gav'spurplez
08-29-2009, 11:19 PM
i clean the tires with a de greaser ( purple power ) and scrub lettering with comet.

works well for me.....

gav'spurplez
08-30-2009, 02:18 PM
too many views and not enough posts !!

dheath
08-30-2009, 02:25 PM
not everyone has white letters on their tires...

Street5927
08-30-2009, 03:07 PM
I also clean white letter tires as well as white walls with bleach white, and then I will apply Super Blue Dressing to the tires with a foam applicator pad. The letters or white walls remain nice and white.

jopa489
08-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I use Bleach White and OPT Tire Dressing on our `09 F350 with the raised white letters. Works great. :)

khjr
08-30-2009, 08:42 PM
hey guys,

I`m starting to get tired of the mess with spray on foam tire dressings / shine.

I would like to know if there is a dressing available that i can apply with an applicator that will not dirty / grease up the white lettering on my truck tires....

I`m in exactly the same boat. The Uniroyal Laredos that came with my used Honda Pilot give it a somewhat different look, but they oxidize brown pretty quickly and the white letters get pretty grungy from the Meguiars Hot Shine Gel that I`m using now (plus the gel slings onto the paint a little bit).

I read about this product called Tuf Shine (see attached link) and am intent on trying it. If you beat me to it, be sure to post or send me a PM to let me know how it worked for you.

Tuff Shine, New product evaluation - AcuraZine Community (http://www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711591)

gav'spurplez
08-31-2009, 03:26 PM
sounds good,

i may look into the opt tire dressing and / or the super blue...

i know not everyone has white letters but, may have had experience with them at some point.

khjr
08-31-2009, 09:35 PM
hey guys,

(this is a repeat of a reply that I posted yesterday, but I think that it might have been caught in some moderator`s filter because I dared to post a link...)

I`m in a similar position, but have read good things about a product called Tuf Shine both here and on a the Acura forum (Acurazine, or something like that..you`ll have to search for it since they filtered my post...). Product is two step, in that you clean off all of the silicone that you`ve layered on thus far, then coat with some pretty durable looking shiny stuff. Results were impressive and reputedly long lived. I`m intent on trying it to replace the Megs Hot Shine Gel that I`m using now. Please be sure to post your results if you beat me to it!

Greg Nichols
08-31-2009, 09:38 PM
I have to recommend Tuf Shine for cleaning and then protecting. Search for Tuf shine on autopia and I`ve done some reviews on the stuff. I use it on a limo with huge white walls, really cuts down on the yellowing.

Cheers,

GREG