PDA

View Full Version : proper QD with a carnuba wax

sharpie
11-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Ok so a quick question about quick detailing sprays. I have started using a carnuba wax over my NXT and am really digging the results! However when I wash the truck I inevitable get some drips or water spots that I need to wipe off. So the question, I have NXT QD and it works great for use with just a NXT wax coat, how will this react now that I have a carnuba based top coat(if it does matter :help: )?

EDIT: if this will be a problem what product/s would you guys recomend?

Brenton
11-24-2005, 06:05 AM
I can`t see why that`d be a problem on Carnauba.

patches
11-24-2005, 08:32 AM
what carnuba are you using??

sharpie
11-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Natty`s blue / TWPUG

Larry A
11-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Natty`s blue / TWPUG
Since you are using TWpug, why not use TWPUG detail spray, it is one of the better otc qd.

joyriide1113
11-24-2005, 10:37 AM
all qd work well over carnuba. rememebr. with a qd u`re not trying to add a lot of protection, just looks, so it doesnt really matter if u`re using a silicone, polymer, acrylic, or carnuba based qd. after all. once u lay down the carnuba, u cant really add anything on there again other than more carunba wax.

if it was just nxt and u wanted to keep adding applications, then i would suggest sticking to a silicone, polymer blend qd.

sharpie
11-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks for all the responses, I was mostly worried that the NXT system stuff would have some kind of cleaners in it that would remove the carnuba, and i cant have that! Thanks again guys and happy Thanksgiving!