PDA

View Full Version : Scottwax

Pages : [1] 2 3

l DaChOsEnOnE l
08-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Just want to say whats up to everyone here this is my first post. I have read though many threads and post here and finally decided to join. I constantly looked through scottwaxes before and after pics of the details and I am always astonished. So now I have a few questions for him( and any other who care to chime in). I have just purchased a 2003 Maxima se (Super Black) and I also have a 2008 Honda Accord that`s dark red( Basque red pearl). I am going to pay to have them both professionally detail and compounded and anything else and maintain from there. Now after all the research ive done I have narrowed it down pretty much to optimum products, now my question is what products should I purchase to keep up with my car. I have no rotars or anything so anything I do will be done by hand. Also it dosent have to be just optimum products im basically looking for products that I can use on both cars paint.

MarcHarris
08-24-2009, 03:29 PM
you should send him a PM

imported_Jakerooni
08-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Odd post no doubt... But yea a PM would be best suited.

l DaChOsEnOnE l
08-24-2009, 05:20 PM
What makes you guys say odd post lol. Im not looking for answers specifically from scottwax anyone can add or post there opinions, he is just one person who I would def take advice from after seeing all his work. And I actualy tried to PM him but it said he isnt accepting pms or maybe his inbox is full some error came up

uzj100
08-24-2009, 05:29 PM
What makes you guys say odd post lol. Im not looking for answers specifically from scottwax anyone can add or post there opinions, he is just one person who I would def take advice from after seeing all his work. And I actualy tried to PM him but it said he isnt accepting pms or maybe his inbox is full some error came up

He got too many PM requests and had to shut the feature down. You might do a search on here for Anthony Orosco, as he`s an Optimum expert.

HTH

Chris@Optimum
08-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Poliseal is a good AIO , OCW is great after washing to add a few weeks protection, OS is a WOWA sealant that looks killer on metal flakes, and ONR is your wash solution. OP+ gives a low luster shine and UV protection to your interior. I would not bother with the polishes or compounds if you don`t have a machine. PowerClean is a great APC and can be diluted to meet various needs. The Tire Shine give a nice natural look to rubber. I guess your question is one of budget, and not what to get.

l DaChOsEnOnE l
08-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Im lookin to spend around 400 tops maybe 500. What the difference between opti seal and poli seal and which would be applied first? And what about OID?

Scottwax
08-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Once your cars have been detailed, the number one way to keep them looking good and swirl free is to wash them properly whether you use ONR or a conventional car wash soap. Quality mitts or pads to wash and microfiber towels with a generous nap to dry.

Here is a link that should help you:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/85532-since-others-posting-how-i-wash-cars-threads-here-mine.html

This thread should probably be moved to the car detailing forum...

golfdude
08-24-2009, 10:17 PM
I haven`t been the happiest with the optimum line of polishes, so I`m going to recommend Menzerna super intensive polish and 106ff as a finisher. Sorry to burst anyones bubble but that`s just from my experiences. The optimum line, in my opinion simply doesn`t have the bit to tackle more significant polishing jobs.

But, I haven`t tried Optimum`s newest final polish either. In their defense poliseal, and optiseal are great products for those who want to maintain a quality finish.

At the same time, if your cars are going to be detailed properly, you shouldn`t need anything more than a finishing polish like 106ff or the new optimum finishing polish...like Scott said, proper wash technique will eliminate the need all together for daily drivers.

Chris@Optimum
08-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Im lookin to spend around 400 tops maybe 500. What the difference between opti seal and poli seal and which would be applied first? And what about OID?

If you are only maint your car, you will only need about $100 unless you buy a polisher. PS before OS, you should familiarize yourself with what each product is for as well as your needs before buying anything. Product descriptions can be found on any webstore that sells OPT products. You can go to Optimum Forums where each product has its own section and get more info. Also, since you`re new to the forum here, I will introduce you to your best friend: the search function. Although, detailing may be new to you, this place has been around for years and most everything has been discussed before. Using the search will allow you to have more fruitful conversations and save you from getting flamed by some of our less patient comrades. Best wishes.

Legacy
08-24-2009, 10:41 PM
IMO the op should spend $200 of the $500 and get a pc with some pads. Having black paint it`s sure to get light marring even with good washing and drying techniques. I just can`t see someone taking care of a car (the dark red Honda too) by hand polishing, waxing yes, but not polishing. Who knows, he may just become one of us. LOL Just my $.02.

golfdude
08-25-2009, 07:45 AM
Poliseal is a liquid that performs three steps...cleans the paint, corrects the paint, and protects the paint. It`s corrective ability is more filling then pernament correction, but this is a very flexible product that you use after polishing to form a base layer for your wax or sealant. It increases the wet-look of the paint and greatly enhances slickness.

Optiseal is a unique liquid spray that you apply extremely thinly, and then let it evaporate itself...no need to remove with a towel. Protection lasts about 2-3 months for me. It is very easy to use, but for some streaking problems can occur if using too much.

l DaChOsEnOnE l
08-25-2009, 01:22 PM
This is what my order is looking like so for what do you guys think?

(2) 5 gallon wash buckets

(1) ONR

(1)OID

(1)OCW

(1)Armor All Original Shine

(1)Klasse sealant glaze...

(1)klasse all in one

Last few question.

1. What are good mitts to use for washing with onr

2. Which are the correct microfiber towels to use for the ONR drying prosess

3.i know the OID OCW and armor all can be used every wash but how offter should glaze and all in one be applied.

please feel free to add if im missing anything or any another product suggestions you have

corrswitch
08-25-2009, 03:27 PM
hmm, pretty interesting. Its the first time I`ve heard someone mention that Poli-seal has filling abilities.

Could anyone comment on it further? How well it fills and how long it lasts.

I was looking for a product that fills but if poli-seal which I have does that...it saves me money.

I did not notice it when I used it. I must have missed something.

Poliseal is a liquid that performs three steps...cleans the paint, corrects the paint, and protects the paint. It`s corrective ability is more filling then pernament correction, but this is a very flexible product that you use after polishing to form a base layer for your wax or sealant. It increases the wet-look of the paint and greatly enhances slickness.

Optiseal is a unique liquid spray that you apply extremely thinly, and then let it evaporate itself...no need to remove with a towel. Protection lasts about 2-3 months for me. It is very easy to use, but for some streaking problems can occur if using too much.

Dsoto87
08-25-2009, 04:04 PM
I personally haven`t seen much filling ability from poliseal. If you have, than you were probably not working it long enough.

Its corrective abilities ARE permanent, although I would say those abilities are kind of limited. I would put it a notch above KAIO, but nowhere in the range of D151.

If your looking for a product that fills and is OTC, I would say try NXT2.0. It fills pretty light imperfections. The Prima QD/Wax/Glaze combo is all supposed to work together to fill pretty well. Its next on my list of things to try.