PDA

View Full Version : WW usage method

Pages : [1] 2

jackson
08-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi,

Please excuse me if this is being post in the wrong thread.

I have a WW. First time I`ve had it and now using it for drying car after wash.

My question is, what is the proper method of using it?

Some say, just wipe away the water on the car.

Some say, dip WW in bucket of water and wring it before using for the first time. Not first time since purchase but first time when wiping car dry.

Some say, spray on any type of wax spray DG Aquawax,,Optimum Car Wax, etc on the WW then dry the car. Spray on the spray wax on the cloth for each panel when drying the car.

Any ideas anyone?

The reason I ask is previously I have been using Vroom MF Huge towel. and it was working fine. Then it aged, have lint/fibres being shed. So thought of giving WW a try. Heard awesome stuff about it.

But now, having used WW, I find that new scratches are being introduced. Is it some WW `features`, my usage methods, my WW cleaning/washing methods?

I am using a generic light blue WW. I just bought a Megs WW but havent had the chance to try it yet. Want to see if different WW makes a diff. But if my method of using is wrong, then it dont matter what I use, does it?

Newbie to WW need advice here.:sosad

Street5927
08-24-2009, 10:20 AM
I always wash my MF`s before the first use. You never know if there is somethign foreign in the MF from being in the factory. After that, I just wash after every use and use dry.

salpac
08-24-2009, 10:50 AM
I find all drying towels to absorb much better once they are already wet and wrung out.

jackson
08-24-2009, 11:41 AM
street5927, how do you wash? dump in washing machine or by hand. if by hand do you scrub with a brush or something?

salpac, thanks for the opinion.

BigAl3
08-24-2009, 01:20 PM
How to Video - Pinnacle Car detailing video from wash to wax (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/pinnacle.html)

watch the "drying" portion of the video...

getcha
08-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Just to help a little.. In a strictly wash or wash/wax situation I flood rinse the car if I can but otherwise I take my QD and give the towel a really good liberal spraying, enough to get it feeling damp. I then pat dry the car and finish up with a separate non drying towel just as a final wipe down(this is where I would use my spray wax).

Accumulator
08-26-2009, 10:41 AM
While a *little* moisture can be beneficial, my drying media all leave a tiny bit of water behind once they`re truly wet.

Some WWs are softer than others, so same ol` same ol`...gotta CD-test anything you`re gonna rub your paint with.

A lot of drying-induced marring comes from residual dirt that`s still on the vehicle.

A little spritz of QD on the panel before drying can add lubricity and give a little boost to your LSP too (same idea as the spray wax that getcha uses).

DM101
08-26-2009, 11:32 AM
You can wash in a washing machine. Then wring all the water out. Gently wipe of your clean car. As it gets saturated wring it out and keep going. If your using the bucket method place towel in bucket and wash it around some. Large particles will fall to the bottom. It really is simple. Most of all use a quality towel.

Mark77
08-26-2009, 11:41 AM
I have also found that getting them a little moist by a QD or spray wax helps the drying, but I would not dip it in a bucket of water..

efnfast
08-26-2009, 01:39 PM
A lot of drying-induced marring comes from residual dirt that`s still on the vehicle.

I would definately believe that - using the traditional washing method, I would always find a little bit here and there. Very frustrating.

However, ever since I`ve started to use ONR I`ve never run into that problem - what`s funny is that my vehicle was REALLY filthly so I did a regular wash followed by an ONR wash, and the ONR actually picked a little bit of dirt along the way. made me realize that soometimes there is just a weeeee little bit of residual dirt waiting to bite you in the *** :D

Accumulator
08-26-2009, 02:34 PM
efnfast- Yeah, when I experimented on the `92 Audi (hey, it needs a repaint anyhow...) I did a BHB/foamgun wash then ONRed it. The ONR got a *LOT* of dirt off; as I`d suspected, the BHB/foamgun only gets the "big stuff".

I haven`t tried an ONR wash after my complete regular regimen, that`d be an interesting experiment too :think:

efnfast
08-26-2009, 06:01 PM
I haven`t tried an ONR wash after my complete regular regimen, that`d be an interesting experiment too :think:

Do ittttttttttttttttttttt; see how good your regular washing regime is :D

I`m a total believer in ONR now.

Accumulator
08-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Do ittttttttttttttttttttt; see how good your regular washing regime is :D

Eh...I gotta admit that by the time I finish my usual wash I`m not too interested in redoing any of it, and also [flamesuit on] I`m not a big fan of what ONR leaves behind.

We`ll see, but my usual wash regimen must get things awfully clean; when I rewax/seal after a wash my applicator stays nice and clean and I don`t get any marring from residual dirt getting caught up in my application/buffing media.

snowskate
08-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Eh...I gotta admit that by the time I finish my usual wash I`m not too interested in redoing any of it, and also [flamesuit on] I`m not a big fan of what ONR leaves behind.

We`ll see, but my usual wash regimen must get things awfully clean; when I rewax/seal after a wash my applicator stays nice and clean and I don`t get any marring from residual dirt getting caught up in my application/buffing media.

Accumulator, do you add a little ONR to your Griot`s shampoo? Some people here add it to their wash bucket as an extra level of safety. Myself included.

Accumulator
08-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Accumulator, do you add a little ONR to your Griot`s shampoo? Some people here add it to their wash bucket as an extra level of safety. Myself included.

Nope, I don`t like the way it makes dirt/etc. stick to the wash media; antithetical to my "dislodge and flush" approach where the wash media, and even the rinse water, basically stay clean all the time.

Just a matter of differing approaches that aren`t (IMO) compatible.