PDA

View Full Version : ONR Reduce Water Transfer Grout Sponge

shadow85
08-24-2009, 08:54 AM
I use a 2 bucket method (ONR 4gal, Rinse 3gal). Here`s my routine:

1 - Soak sponge with ONR, very very light squeeze so not pouring dripping.

2 - Wipe the paint.

3 - Dump in rinse bucket and wring all water out the sponge.

3 - Soak up ONR and repeat.

The thing that bothers me is when I am done, I get ONR 2gal, Rinse 5gal. So there is 2 or more gallon transfer everytime. The culprit is the sponge holds so much water and brings it to the rinse bucket very quickly.

Any idea to reduce this?

scary bill
08-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Why is this a problem?

To help a little; I rinse the GS then soak in wash/ wring it out and then place one face of the sponge into the wash about 1/2 the thickness of the sponge. That face will be saturated, but there will be less solution in the sponge to go in the rinse bucket.

If the car is clean and you still have wash solution left, then you are in great shape. All of the trash should be in the rinse bucket. I do it this way every ONR wash. With no problems. I use the leftover gallon or two to do the wheels/tires/wells. No waste.

Bunky
08-24-2009, 05:26 PM
When I mix a 3 gallon bucket of ONR, about 1.5 - 2 gallons ends up on the ground.

scary bill
08-25-2009, 01:52 AM
When I mix a 3 gallon bucket of ONR, about 1.5 - 2 gallons ends up on the ground.

I use a pre-soak of onr at wash strength to wet the panels first, then I do like I stated above. The GS loses less water onto the ground that way.

Bunky
08-25-2009, 04:52 PM
I use a pre-soak of onr at wash strength to wet the panels first, then I do like I stated above. The GS loses less water onto the ground that way.

I considered it a good thing. I like to put a generous amount of ONR drippinh from the mitt on the paint prior to putting the mitt against it.

getcha
08-25-2009, 11:14 PM
You guys are in good shape. I use ONR VERY liberally when I can, I often go through 4gallons of it in my shampoo bucket when doing a 2BM wash

spotter
08-27-2009, 10:16 AM
I use a two sided bucket and put somewhere between 1.5-2.0 gallons on each side. I use about an ounce of ONR on the wash side and about 1/2 an ounce of ONR on the rinse side. I just dunk the grout sponge on the rinse side and give it one squeeze while under water and then dunk it in the wash side. I seriously doubt if it makes much difference and unless the car is extremely dirty or has road salt on it you could get by with one bucket and never see marring. IMHO you are a lot more likely to induce marring while drying or QD`ing the car than when washing with ONR.

Dsoto87
08-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Im really confused as to why this bothers you....

DM101
08-27-2009, 10:56 AM
What I do is take a bug sprayer mix 3oz. of ONR to 2 gal. of water and pre-spray the whole car except for the rims. Don`t worry about transfer.