PDA

View Full Version : Green Earth Technologies wheel cleaner

gofastman
08-23-2009, 05:33 PM
saw this at the local Ace hardware for $6.

It looks relatively non toxic which I like. has anyone used the stuff?

Green Earth Technologies (http://www.getg.com/products/index.php?CategoryID=1)

lakinui
08-24-2009, 01:55 PM
I got some recently and have used it a couple of times. It worked fine; not too harsh and did a decent job. None of the wheels were very dirty, so no real test of power. You still have to scrub to get grime out of the nooks.

gofastman
08-25-2009, 08:33 AM
I`m curious about their high pressure detergent injector, looks like a good idea.

I wonder how their engine oil works, I mean, it seams counterintuitive that a prduct could neutralize the efects of moisture and oxidation and still be biodegradable. It is API SM certified so it must be good stuff :confused:

Chicagoareanew
08-25-2009, 10:56 AM
6 dollars sounds too much for it. Do you live by a Meijers? I think I`ve seen tee same line there, and ace is the most expensive place there is.

gofastman
09-24-2009, 08:54 AM
I got some recently and have used it a couple of times. It worked fine; not too harsh and did a decent job. None of the wheels were very dirty, so no real test of power. You still have to scrub to get grime out of the nooks.

I decided to try some of this, and I think my experience was about the same as yours.

Power is decent, better than ONR, but its no Wheel Brightener.

I was hoping this stuff would be more of a clingy gel, its just a liquid.

It has a very faint citrus smell, no harsh fumes, and is non irritating, at least on my relatively sensitive skin. I actually got a little too brave and decided to taste the stuff :idea no adverse reaction yet, but it doesn`t taste good.

Over all I like it, and will continue to use it I think, Its a really good product to bridge the gap between soap/ONR and Wheel Brightener.

Another thing I noticed was It didn`t seem to strip of the sealant I put on my plastic hub caps.

gofastman
02-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I just picked up a few bottles of their tire shine out of the $1 bin at Ace.

I was very pleasantly surprised! low shine, almost like 303, looks really good.

easy application.

no info on durability yet, I`ll try to post back with that.

really good stuff, I would gladly pay full price for it in the future!