PDA

View Full Version : Opti Poli-seal base with FK1000 topper .. will this work?

DM101
08-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Poli-seal base with FK1000 topper .. will this work? I am not real familar with

FK1000`s cleaning abilities. Will the 1000 take the slick finish of the Poli-seal off??? Just got some Poli-seal and did a test spot over FK1000 and it left a area slick as I have seen. But I like the 1000P for it`s nuba likeness finish.

Derek173
08-23-2009, 02:52 PM
I applied UPGP and let it cure for about an hour and then applied FK1000p a few days later I noticed there was no protection on the car at all. I think I should have let the UPGP cure overnight.

Not sure how Poli-seal will play with the FK but I think the trick would be to let it cure. I have had no problems with Opti-seal and any other LSP. I have applied Fuzion and Natty blue on top of OS with no problems. In fact I just applied some OS over two month old Fuzion with no problems and it came out great!

DM101
08-24-2009, 07:07 AM
Yes I agree with you in that you should have let the UPGP cure overnight.

I applied UPGP and let it cure for about an hour and then applied FK1000p a few days later I noticed there was no protection on the car at all. I think I should have let the UPGP cure overnight.

Not sure how Poli-seal will play with the FK but I think the trick would be to let it cure. I have had no problems with Opti-seal and any other LSP. I have applied Fuzion and Natty blue on top of OS with no problems. In fact I just applied some OS over two month old Fuzion with no problems and it came out great!

nyakerz
05-07-2011, 05:32 AM
I`m sorry for digging this thread but I am curious about the result in case the thread starter proceeded with it. MDRX8, what was the result? Anyone tried it?

imported_Bence
05-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Poli-Seal contains carnauba, so it won`t be the best base for a good synthetic bonding. But the carnauba percentage is low, so it is worth to experiment a bit. OOS/1000P sounds better to me.

nyakerz
05-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Poli-Seal contains carnauba, so it won`t be the best base for a good synthetic bonding. But the carnauba percentage is low, so it is worth to experiment a bit. OOS/1000P sounds better to me.

Thanks sir. I picked up OPS as my abrasive AIO, and I planned to top it with 1000P. I go ahead with the experiment.

Have you tried OOS/100P? What should go first? I am tempted to buy OS for its ease of use, and for being bang for a buck. If if works well with FK1000P, I will probably offend my pockets sooner.

imported_Bence
05-12-2011, 02:54 AM
It works well with synthetics. You won`t regret it.

nyakerz
05-12-2011, 08:12 AM
It works well with synthetics. You won`t regret it.

Thanks. I feel more validated in choosing FK1000P. I tested it on a paint and I love how easy it is to spread and remove. The succeeding layers glide smoothly. What should go first, FK1000P or the other synthetic LSP? TIA.

imported_Bence
05-12-2011, 09:28 AM
When you apply a WOWA sealant as a part of a combo, it always goes on first. Then the more traditional pastes/liquids.

Scottwax
05-12-2011, 09:41 AM
OS is a great base for anything but as good as it looks on its own, I normally just use it. However, if you want to use a beauty wax and make sure there is still protection underneath once the wax is gone, OS is a terrific choice.

nyakerz
05-13-2011, 02:41 AM
Thanks Bence and Scott. Highly appreciated the advice and opinion.