PDA

View Full Version : I Dont See How Zaino Can Beat This

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Mobilejay
08-23-2009, 08:49 PM
im looking for input from people with more experience and/or who have used zaino.

Not flaming you but I would have done the research, and seen what peoples experience was with Z before droping that much on something.

That being said, you will hear from people that its the one and only. Others will say there are better products, or equal to with less work involved.

ThrillHo
08-24-2009, 01:42 AM
Your car looks great (but what brand new car doesn`t?).

If it ain`t broke, don`t fix it.. I would have just stuck with what you are doing and spent the dough on something else.

Cleaning Fool
08-24-2009, 04:37 AM
Make sure you report back your thoughts once you apply your Z, hopefully the crowd will loosen up a little.

Gemini13
08-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Just curious but what are you currently using/doing yielding your current results?

Kean
08-24-2009, 12:56 PM
.....Gemini asked the right question. I briefly went over this in your last thread. I believe part of the problem starts there in my honest opinion.

proman3998
08-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Your car looks great (but what brand new car doesn`t?).

When I bought the car it was obviously spotless being brand new, but I had to have a part added to the bumper when I first got it because there was a factory defect. When I dropped it off it ended up being at the dealership for 2 weeks because they had trouble getting the part, with the car being so new and at the time the whole Chrysler bankruptcy thing was going on.

While my car was there it was left outside, uncovered and got extremely dirty. When I went to pick it up they had just washed it, and when they did they must not have used enough soap, or just used water and no soap because it was scratched everywhere. I took it to management and had their detailer re-do the car. The guy sucked and still left the car with swirl marks everywhere, and that is when I took the matter into my own hands.

The car had really bad swirl marks and even various scratches, and spider webbing. I researched everything, talked to some auto detailing professionals and learned how to detail, and at that point went above and beyond what even a new car on the lot looks like in my opinion.

So to ansewer your question ?what brand new car doesnt?"... mine looked like crap after the dealer jacked it up. By the way, you might want to think twice before you ever buy or go to Chula Vista Dodge in San Diego, they have the worst customer service and service department I have ever been to.

wannafbody
08-24-2009, 07:30 PM
IMO Zaino is good stuff and it lasts. I think you might have gone a bit overboard on buying the entire line but since you ordered it you got plenty of stuff to play around in regards to combo`s. IMO Z5pro topped with Z8 will look best on black.

silkstone
08-24-2009, 07:40 PM
I`m sure your car has a nice look. It`s a tough crowd in here because many of us have seen so many pics of detailed cars in the forums.

You have people on here who use a dedicated LSP on their lugnuts... Takes a bit more than the norm to impress a autopian.

With that being said, welcome to the forums..:xyxthumbs

JeffM
08-24-2009, 07:48 PM
I apologize if i sounded brash. I misunderstood that you were a pro detailer looking for a product to make his work better.

proman3998
08-25-2009, 12:32 AM
I apologize if i sounded brash. I misunderstood that you were a pro detailer looking for a product to make his work better.

yup you got it bud! good post...thanks a million. :thx

proman3998
08-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Just curious but what are you currently using/doing yielding your current results?

i wrote earlier about the condition of my car after leaving it at the dealership. the products that i use are a brand called pro products, you can check them out at prowax.com. the method i used was the following (with the pro product number as well):

- wash the car with c-19 cherry soap

- stripped all of the old wax off with c-16 power solvent

- washed again

- clayed the car using c-102 clay away as the clay bar and s-74 wipe out as the lubricant

- some of the scratches and swirl marks were really deep so i started with p-27-q ultimate cutter ii, and a vf-85-c yellow heavy cutting pad

- next i went to p-26 clear cut medium duty cutter with a rv-85-c charcoal light cutting pad

- next i went to p-21 a polish and swirl remover bv-85-c blue finish pad

- after all of that i went to p-39-q polymer ii sealant with a wv-85-c white final finish pad

by that time all of the swirls and the scratches where gone and it was looking like new again

- i had a lot of dusting at that point so i washed the car again and before i dried the car i sprayed p-81-q aqua gloss which reduces drying time, prevents water spots, adds a high gloss, and contains a polymer

- next i applied the p-35 satin cream, which is mild cleaners and is a sealant wax with carnauba

- next i applied p-36 cherry wax, which is more of an oily wax with almost no cleaner and has anti-static properties according to the product bulletin

- after all of this i applied a final coat of w-41 yellow wax which is a 100% carnauba hard paste wax with no cleaners and topped it off with a quick coat of s-74 spray gloss

on the wheels i used a wheel cleaner c-42 and cherry wax after, and the tires ats-1 tire shine. the rest of the car for the black i used armor-all

at that point it looked better than new.

after that i have been washing the car regularly and applying a new coat of hard wax every-time. the photos were my 5th application of the hard wax topped off with a spray gloss.

so at this point im just trying to maintain all of the hard work i put in because it took me forever to do all of that. at this point it takes me about 2 hours to wash wax, because the hard wax takes 5 minutes to dry and i go panel by panel, its also tough to work it into the paint once it has to be removed. hopefully the zaino will look at least as good, and cut that 2 hours in half. i also hope it reduces the amount of dust i get on the car, it seems to attract a lot.

Kean
08-25-2009, 08:09 AM
....are these all "PRO" (the company) products? I`m not really familiar with the characteristics of their line (I tried a couple many years ago) but judging by your descriptions it seems to me you may have been creating more work for yourself after the polishing steps. ....to the point where some of the last steps were probably counter productive (i.e. using LSP`s with cleaners over other coats).

There are a lot of products available that make this process much easier (like the WOWA LSP`s I mentioned in your other thread). As far as Zaino cutting down time, I can say the application/removal will likely be easier (judging by the description of your previous regimen), but as far as saving time, you will still have the ~30-45 minute wait as the product dries between coats. As a long time Zaino user this is one thing I hated about the product. This step would usually add about 2 hours on average to an otherwise already lengthy process.

proman3998
08-25-2009, 09:02 AM
....are these all "PRO" (the company) products? I`m not really familiar with the characteristics of their line (I tried a couple many years ago) but judging by your descriptions it seems to me you may have been creating more work for yourself after the polishing steps. ....to the point where some of the last steps were probably counter productive (i.e. using LSP`s with cleaners over other coats).

There are a lot of products available that make this process much easier (like the WOWA LSP`s I mentioned in your other thread). As far as Zaino cutting down time, I can say the application/removal will likely be easier (judging by the description of your previous regimen), but as far as saving time, you will still have the ~30-45 minute wait as the product dries between coats. As a long time Zaino user this is one thing I hated about the product. This step would usually add about 2 hours on average to an otherwise already lengthy process.

im not sure how to answer your first question but, yea the products are pro products as for my aplication...i realize i may have gone a little overboard there....but i am happy with my results :buffing:

proman3998
09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
ast month I started this thread on my detailing before I ordered Zaino. On the first page are my pics and a quick writeup on my thoughts at the time. Well since then I have Zaino`d my car and here is the update. The process I used was:

1) Dawn

2) Clay with Z7/Water Mix

3) Z-PC with a PC 7336

4) Z7

5) Z6, ZAIO, Z6

6) Z5 Pro/ZFX x3 with Z6 in between coats waited 24 hours

7) Still wasn`t quite what I was looking for so Z7, Z6, Z5 Pro and waited 24 hours

8) Z7, Z6 Z2/ZFX with Z6 in between coats and waited 24 hours

9) Z7, Z6, Z8, Z-CS

I also used the Z9/Z10 for the leather, Z16 on the tires and all black porous trim, and used the Z12 and Z14 for the non porous plastic and the non tinted glass.

Now this process isn`t written in stone its just what I used. You can definitely simplify it, and dont need to use all those products. All you really need at bare minimum would be Z6, and Z5 or 2 (preferable Z5 if you can only get one because it helps conceal micro-marring). Also, you only need to Z-PC if you have moderate swirl marks and/or scratches. So if you are looking to get started don`t get overwhelmed.

So I have been fully Zaino`d. My thoughts on the products are that they are great. I believe that they provided me with a superior final result and once applied it has been extremely easy to upkeep. Just Z7, Z6 and thats it. It is saving me over half the time and effort and I cant think of ever going back to getting the same (slightly less) results with the wax, the upkeep is just so much more. The water beeding is better than with the wax and I am getting a lot less dust. If I left my car outside, uncovered overnight with wax it would have attracted so much dust and dirt that by the end of the day the next day you would have trouble seeing reflections off the hood. With Zaino I can go a week and it still looks better, its like the dirt attracts to the wax but just fly`s off of the Zaino.

Along with this the color of the car looks better, it is darker, and it has better reflections.

I am no pro by any means, but I found a great product and would suggest it to anyone. I talked to Sal Zaino several times to help me throughout the process. I dont know any other company where you can call and the owner will answer, and spend time to help you get it right! Great customer service means a lot to me...and with the great service, and great results I will be a customer for life and I would suggest anyone who is hesitant to purchase Zaino

Some final comments on some things I learned:

1) The Z12/14 are really not necessary, it really didn`t do too much...if you take care of your car already you probably can pass on these. If you don`t though and you want to restore they might be beneficial.

2) Use very little of the product, according to Sal if you can see it going on your probably using too much. Half a ZFX bottle should do your whole Challenger 3 times.

3) Use good towels. LAZaino has good towels, 100% cotton and the owner is an awesome guy, he will spend time helping you with the whole Zaino process as well. He is a really easy guy to talk to.

4) To help with the drying process getting a leaf blower, Toro 210 will save tons of time and tons of soaked towels, and also reduce micro marring (especially on black)

Thats it... ill post the pics...I took the pics in similar angles and lighting to the others as I could so you can really compare. Like I said, I am no pro and I am still learning but hopefully all the other non pro`s out there will benefit from this.

If you have anymore questions about the process I would be happy to answer what I learned. Good luck and Zaino is awesome.

--Zaino Customer For Life--

proman3998
09-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Pics from my Zaino detail. Comments above.