PDA

View Full Version : Swissvax Saphir

H.E.D
08-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Just bought Swissvax Saphir first time using Swissvax. What can I use to seal before waxing with Saphir? My original combo was Megs #21 followed by #16.

Apollo_Auto
08-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Megs 21 will be fine, but I`d suggest leaving that out so you can get a real feel of what Saphir will give you by itself as far as looks, feel and durability go ;)... always nice to know those things first-hand.

Legacy
08-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Any sealant once cured will do. Are you stripping the Meg`s?

H.E.D
08-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Megs 21 will be fine, but I`d suggest leaving that out so you can get a real feel of what Saphir will give you by itself as far as looks, feel and durability go ... always nice to know those things first-hand.

How long should I wait?

Are you stripping the Meg`s?

No not yet actually I really like the #21 and #16 combo, but I got the Saphir really cheap and want to try out something new.

Legacy
08-22-2009, 04:50 PM
You should strip 1/2 and do a 50/50 on your hood and see what you like best.

Apollo_Auto
08-22-2009, 04:55 PM
How long should I wait?

No not yet actually I really like the #21 and #16 combo, but I got the Saphir really cheap and want to try out something new.

What I mean is, strip off what`s on there now (#21 & #16) and give your car a couple coats of Saphir only. This way you can test it and see what it can really do on its own. It`s just kind of like salting your food before you`ve even tasted it IMO ;). Don`t worry, your car will be well protected with the SV only on it... play with it, see what it`s capable of and later if you see it`s not living up to your expectations, then layer it with something else.

Last November I put one layer of Dodo Hard Candy on my wife`s car... it lasted through a pretty ugly winter and all the way up til April it was still beading quite well... now I know what it can do.

H.E.D
08-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah that`s the plan for next weekend hopefully. I`m going to do a

section 50/50 on the hood, SV Saphir only and 21 and SV. Thanks guys.

AeroCleanse
08-22-2009, 05:27 PM
If you want to use a sealant first, UPGP would be my choice.