PDA

View Full Version : Jetseal reapplication

Gig103
08-21-2009, 04:00 PM
So, I put Jetseal on my car for the first time a few months ago. I have since been putting Natty Blue on top, but have read how the JS doesn`t have the best durability.

But I was wondering the best way to reapply? Do I wait until the next time I need to apply some Natty, and instead put on the JetSeal? Or should I use some CWG and strip everything to start fresh?

Gig103
08-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Sweet, I have over 10 posts. Here is a picture I took from just after applying the JetSeal and two coats of Natty Blue:

http://www.mikepirone.com/albums/BMW/IMG_0844.sized.jpg

GoCubsGo
08-22-2009, 12:37 AM
When I reapply a sealant or glaze or whatever product I want directly on the paint I ONR wash, clay with a soft clay, shoot the panels with a 50/50 IPA/distilled water solution (IPA only before the 1st application of said product) and then apply the given product. If you want to ensure the JetSeal is laying on the paint directly (and not on top of the wax, which you don`t want) you`ll need to remove anything you have already applied. Does that make sense?

PS-Love the Jet Black 335xi.

Gig103
08-22-2009, 01:22 AM
Thanks Cubs ... that`s what I suspected, that its better to be directly on the paint. And thanks for the compliment on the car! (it`s actually black sapphire, but you cant tell in that photo)