PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a routine with my supplies

savechief
08-20-2009, 08:56 PM
I know that I might not have everything I need, so I`m open to buying some things, but I`d like to keep it to a minimum. I`m looking for a once-a-year type routine that will do your typical swirl mark, occasional scratch paint correction. I admire the heck out of the guys that spend hours every week detailing their cars, but I just don`t have the time/interest to do this. I`m willing to spend a full weekend once a year to correct/glaze/seal/wax the paint, then maintain it throughout the year by careful washing and occasional waxing.

So, here`s my current supply list:

PC 7424

CMA white and yellow pads

Megs GC

Mother`s clay

Klasse AIO

3M IHG

3M SMR

3M PI-II

One Grand Blitz Wax

Megs #2 FCC

Megs #9 SMR

All right, have at it, and let me know what you recommend that I buy. Keep in mind that this is a daily driver that is garaged at night, but sits out in the public transportation parking lot (i.e. under trees, potential bird target, etc.) during the day, so durability is very important.

Thanks.

Mike_Phillips
08-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Welcome to Autopia! :welcome

What are you working on?

What condition is the paint?

You have some swirl mark removers to start with so if you`ve never used these products and your PC on this paint job then after washing and claying the first thing I would do is a Test Spot, that is test out what you already have and see what kind of results you get.

All of these have the ability to remove defects by removing paint.

3M SMR

3M PI-II

Megs #2 FCC

Megs #9 SMR

Could be you have what you need but you won`t know until you do a little testing, worse case scenario you`ll need either a more aggressive pad or a more aggressive product or both. You won`t now until you go out into the garage and do a little buffing and then inspect our results.

Let your results help you decide whether to continue with what you have or get some more aggressive pads/products, but first do a little testing and see what you can do.

:)

savechief
08-21-2009, 09:00 AM
What are you working on?

What condition is the paint?

The paint is in very good shape overall, just some light swirling from being 1.5 years old and cared for by the previous owner. Do you have any starting routines using my supplies plus a few others that I would buy?