PDA

View Full Version : My orders are placed:

Chicagoareanew
08-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I`d like to thank everybody for their patience, since I have been asking a lot of questions and splitting hairs endlessly. Today, I have placed all of my orders and hope to have some great weather once I receive them. Here`s what I got:

Porter cableXP UDM and some tire gel applicators with the summer sale discount (20%0 if I remember correctly from autopia

From autogeek with the 10% autopia discount (should have stopped splitting hairs back when the mikephillips discount was there) I got the 3.5 backing plate and 6 pack of 4 inch cc pads. I got one black, one green, one white and three oarnge (once again, if I remember correctly).

From Top of the Line, I ordered the Menzerma getting acquainted kit. It was 35 bucks for the intensive polish and finishing polishII. For 16 oz. each, that was a really good deal compared to meguiars since it also came with some applicators that I know I`ll find a use for, and that`s what made up my mind, since I was splitting hairs about whether to go with them or the 105/205 polishes. I`m a little confused about what the finishing polish `2` is, because on autogeek, their chart only has a finishing polish (not finishing polish2), so I`m assuming it`s the same thing.

And, from Zaino, I got their tire gloss and detail spray. I`ve been waiting to get a new tire product because my Zymol one sucks, and that thread on comparing the four different tire glosses convinced me. And since they have flat rate shipping, that was a good opportunity to try the z-6. It`s been raining a lot, so I need more detail spray.

Once again, thank you everybody for your patience, since I`ve been completely indecisive, and I will be sure to post some before and after pics when I get everything rolling!:xyxthumbs

BigAl3
08-20-2009, 03:13 PM
if you haven`t gotten them already, i would get some 5.5" or 6.5" pads as well. i wouldn`t use 4" pads to polish out the whole car...

Chicagoareanew
08-20-2009, 03:21 PM
In the future, I probably will, but money is tight now so I`d rather spend longer detailing than spend more money.