PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Extractor suggestion

Honda Tool
08-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I am in the market for a carpet extractor. I used to use a Thermax Therminator, and loved it. The price is more than double what I paid for my old one 7 years ago. The Mytee HP100 is more my price point, and would like to hear any opinions especially from anyone that has used both machines. It will be more for personal use, and would like to use it on my house carpeting as well.

Mytee uses please chime in on how you like yours.

imported_Jakerooni
08-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Love my mytee.. a 1000 x`s more than the thermax I had to use back in the day. I have the grand prix HP 100 and hands down the best machine I`ve personally ever used. However if it`s just for personal use I would probably look at the HP 60 instead. The HP 100 is rather bulky and cumbersome for just occasional use.

Honda Tool
08-20-2009, 11:39 AM
The price difference is only $170ish between the 100 and 60. The only difference I see is the tank sizes. I would like to use this in my house once in a while and think the higher capacity would be a plus.

gmblack3
08-20-2009, 11:42 AM
I love my HP60, had a 7080 for a year and while not a bad machine the HP60 has much more power. Check craigslist in your local area.

I just extracted most of the carpets in out house yesterday with the HP60 and a floor wand. We do not wear shoes in the house. Its been 2 yrs since I last extracted the carpets w/ the 7080.

This was after 2/3 of the living room:

YouTube - Living room (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riO77nqDwpc)

Honda Tool
08-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I love my HP60, had a 7080 for a year and while not a bad machine the HP60 has much more power. Check craigslist in your local area.

I just extracted most of the carpets in out house yesterday with the HP60 and a floor wand. We do not wear shoes in the house. Its been 2 yrs since I last extracted the carpets w/ the 7080.

This was after 2/3 of the living room:

YouTube - Living room (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riO77nqDwpc)

Yeah I checked craigslist there is nothing local. I don`t mind buying new, and could re-coop the investment fairly easy I think doing some side work. Do you know what floor wand you have?

Has anyone ordered from steam-brite.com before?

gmblack3
08-20-2009, 12:10 PM
I got a cheap floor wand from ebay back when I got the 7080.

Honda Tool
08-24-2009, 09:13 AM
I ordered my Hp100 Thursday night, and it arrived around 9:30 AM today. I can`t wait to get home from work to play with it. I have a serious test for it.

imported_Jakerooni
08-24-2009, 09:59 AM
You`ll love the workhorse there. Been a cornerstone in my shop since the beginning. Mytee just makes some really great machines.

Street5927
08-24-2009, 10:23 AM
I love my HP60. I also bought the large floor wand for doing carpets in the house....I would recommend getting the crevice tool for it, also. It was definitely a great investment for getting in smaller spots.

JasonS
08-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Love my mytee.. a 1000 x`s more than the thermax I had to use back in the day. I have the grand prix HP 100 and hands down the best machine I`ve personally ever used. However if it`s just for personal use I would probably look at the HP 60 instead. The HP 100 is rather bulky and cumbersome for just occasional use.

Have to agree 100%. The Mytee HP-100 is the best extractor. It`s the one to get if you are detailing everyday and need really hot water really fast.

HP-60 is a great choice too, especially if you are mobile and need a more compact extractor.

Honda Tool
08-24-2009, 02:03 PM
I love my HP60. I also bought the large floor wand for doing carpets in the house....I would recommend getting the crevice tool for it, also. It was definitely a great investment for getting in smaller spots.

Where did you get the floor wand from? Also what are you guys using for chemicals?