PDA

View Full Version : Do you use the "California Duster" between washes?

Pages : [1] 2

AGR
11-22-2005, 03:47 PM
I used to. But; it hasn`t been utilized in some time. I am thinking about bringing it into play again with my new Frontier.

Since; my Frontier has just been detailed, and there is no rain in our forecast for several days, I thought, I would `California Dust`.

So; how many of you use one?

CharlesW
11-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Actually, I use three of them.
Two of the original wood handle ones, one of which is about 15 years old, and one of the "Super Dusters" that is larger and has yarn all the way around the handle.
They have been great for me, but don`t use them on anything but a dusty car.

Charles

05SilverTRD
11-22-2005, 04:16 PM
I use them just about everyday. Of course, only if the car is "dusty". When it gets dirty I break out the old soap and water.

TrueDetailer
11-22-2005, 04:34 PM
i use one during the weekend to keep it clean and *blinging* lol. During the week i do alot of driving so its pointless to use it.

Beemerboy
11-22-2005, 04:41 PM
I have one in both cars for raod use and one in the garage...I use them daily as needed....great tool to have

sharpie
11-22-2005, 05:15 PM
I live in AZ so since I have become a fanatic about detailing I use it every morning even tho its a lost battle by 10:00 :bawling:

AGR
11-22-2005, 05:23 PM
I live in AZ so since I have become a fanatic about detailing I use it every morning even tho its a lost battle by 10:00 :bawling:

Dude! I lived in Tucson from 1973-1980. I miss "Eegees"!!! And; "Greasy Tony`s"!!!

YUM!!!!!! :rolleyes:

sharpie
11-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Dude! I lived in Tucson from 1973-1980. I miss "Eegees"!!! And; "Greasy Tony`s"!!!

YUM!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Wow i love greasy tony`s!!! that place rocks, I live din Phoenix for the last 2 years or so but just moved back to Tucson...ill have to stop by! And yes eegees rule....so much better that an icee :boxing:

AGR
11-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Wow i love greasy tony`s!!! that place rocks, I live din Phoenix for the last 2 years or so but just moved back to Tucson...ill have to stop by! And yes eegees rule....so much better that an icee :boxing:

:beer_smil

My parents live outside Phoenix, in Avondale. Have you been to In-N-Out Burger? Incredible!!! In-N-Out began in California in 1948! Now; they`re also in Las Vegas, and AZ. :)

http://in-n-out.com/images/home_center.jpg

sharpie
11-22-2005, 05:34 PM
:beer_smil

My parents live outside Phoenix, in Avondale. Have you been to In-N-Out Burger? Incredible!!!

http://in-n-out.com/images/home_center.jpg

Oh yes and get this, they are FINALLY putting a in - n - out in Tucson!

<--- loves me an 8x8 oh yea

cwcad
11-22-2005, 07:28 PM
I have an Oxo duster for my wife`s car as well as my truck. I gave my california duster to a friend who needed it immediatley.

As CharlesW stated I only use the duster when it is dusty. In the morning when I go out and clean my truck. I do this every morning that I am not working. Heck, I do it when I am working, also. Just get up earlier. Very light touch then I either use a qd or just wash it. Then use a qd. Sometimes I add a layer of something. But I use it every morning. When at work I use it before I leave the shop. With all the haul trucks going by it all day it is very dusty. Just takes a few minutes. I guess I love my car duster.

JeffW
11-22-2005, 07:48 PM
yes

Go Colts !!!

joe.p
11-23-2005, 05:22 PM
California Duster- i`m gonna buy one, which do you prefer the wooden handle or plastic?

CharlesW
11-23-2005, 05:38 PM
California Duster- i`m gonna buy one, which do you prefer the wooden handle or plastic?Their is a difference in the yarn as well as the handles. The yarn is larger and longer on the wooden handle ones.
I happen to use the wooden handle duster, but lots of people seem to ne happy with the plastic handle one.
The plastic handle duster is probably about 1/2 the price of the wooden handle one, but when you figure they are good for over 15 years, that cost isn`t a big factor. :)

Charles

patches
11-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Have mine about a year and haven`t washed it yet,
they saY the dirtier the better...... :beer_smil