PDA

View Full Version : Authorized Meguiars Service Center

eddie926
08-18-2009, 12:05 PM
This place just opened near where I live. They`ve been putting flyers on cars in nearby parking lots that include a coupon for a free car wash. Their flyers indicate that they are an "Authorized Meguiars Service Center". I didn`t know there was such a thing.

CTX Automotive Specialties (http://www.ctxautomotive.com)

agpatel
08-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Prob just means they can sell Meguiars products but they just put a spin on it for the general public.

Dan
08-18-2009, 01:17 PM
I`d call up Meguiars and tell them you don`t appreciate flyers on your car. In a lot of cities window fliers are considered littering.

89gt-stanger
08-18-2009, 01:20 PM
I`d call up Meguiars and tell them you don`t appreciate flyers on your car. In a lot of cities window fliers are considered littering.

Thats total crap!

BigAl3
08-18-2009, 01:31 PM
meguiar`s use to have a detailing center years ago in lake forest, california. not too sure that this is an authorized detailing center, but more like they use megs products type of thing...

H.E.D
08-18-2009, 01:38 PM
wow. Nice cars!

agpatel
08-18-2009, 01:39 PM

If you get a permit in some places then you are fine.

Dan
08-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Thats total crap!

Where do most of the fliers end up? 9 out of 10 people crumple them up before even reading them and throw them on the ground.

So do you like people touching your car? Belt buckles and zippers dragging across your paint? Nevermind dragging dirt across the paint. Watch someone putting them on sometime....

eddie926
08-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Doesn`t bother me that they left the flyer. My only point was that I had never heard of an "Authorized Meguiars Service Center".

Funny part to me, not that the kids distributing the flyers would pay any attention, was that the flyer was mainly a coupon for a free wash, and I had just detailed my car that morning and it was glowing in the sun with fresh coats of Pinnacle Souveran, and Meguiars Endurance Tire gel.

I was thinking, does this car look like I`d let somebody do a free car wash hack job on it? :nono

eddie926
08-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Where do most of the fliers end up? 9 out of 10 people crumple them up before even reading them and throw them on the ground.

So do you like people touching your car? Belt buckles and zippers dragging across your paint? Nevermind dragging dirt across the paint. Watch someone putting them on sometime....

Yeah, I hadn`t really thought about the potential damage aspect of it. Now that you mention it, I really would rather that folks not mess with my car like that.

Barry Theal
08-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Actually this is not crap. I was asked by a local meguiars supplier about this, Its called the meguiars signage program. The deal is you must use 90% of Meguiars chemicals. Its actually not a bad deal, but they are very strict about a lot of stuff. They Inspect your shop chemicals and everything. Now they do keep you stocked up on paperwork for checkin sheets and everything. Check out Dealergoodies.com this is the local place I was telling you about.