PDA

View Full Version : CG Grime Reaper or Megs APC+ for tires, wheels, wells, engine bays, & undercarriages.

ten39
08-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Looking to buy a multi-purpose cleaner focused on the above exterior uses- biased towards tire cleaning overall, with special consideration to the white lettering on truck and SUV tires.

Like the vast majority of you I`m sure, every time I clean one of my vehicles, I like to return the outside sidewall of the tires to a "squeaky clean" condition- ready for a new application of dressing. Since I learned how to be an "ADD" auto-maintainer from my Dad many moons ago (could be considered an "inherited disease", LOL) I`ve used Comet, and then more recently Soft Scrub gel, to get my tires back to this level of clean. Those types of household cleaners also do a great job on the RWLs on truck and SUV tires.

Is there anything out there that will do the above well, as well as handle the other uses stated in the thread title? I`ve narrowed it down to either CG GR or APC+, but I`m not dead-set on either one of those products. Whatever I buy needs to be fairly cheap and designed for dilution. Not really interested in anything too terribly boutique that comes in a 16 oz sprayer and is designed to be used at full strength.

TIA for your input!:2thumbs:

DM101
08-17-2009, 01:11 PM
When I had RWL (long time ago) I would use a SOS scrub pad on them. I know this is probably a out dated method but I thought I throw it out there.

Jokeman
08-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Meguiars Super Degreaser would be a better choice.

Chicagoareanew
08-17-2009, 03:54 PM
I`ve had great results with using surf city grime destroyer on my wheels, wells, engine, and even some light oxidation. I`ve been experimenting with all sorts of products, and that`s one I`d use until I die or they stop making it.

Dsoto87
08-17-2009, 03:57 PM
ADD automaintainer? I think you mean OCD? haha

ARO works well on white walled/RWL tirers. Megs super degreaser is also great on tires/wheel wells/engines etc. Stuff is pretty cost effective too.