PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique on Motorcycle Leather

Bert
08-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Just yesterday I used Leatherique on the 10 year old leather in my car and was quite impressed. I followed the normal instructions on here to apply the Rejuvenator Oil early in the day and let the car sit in the sun for several hours to produce a "steam room" affect. Later that evening I removed the Rejuvenator Oil with Prestine Clean and the leather is in very nice condition.

I am hoping to have similar results on the leather of my seven year old motorcycle. However, I obviously will not be able to simulate the "steam room" affect. I have several options, not sure which is best. I could apply the Rejuvenator Oil on the seats and let the motorcycle sit in the sun but I am wondering if the sun and exposure would cause the oil to dry out and become tacky too quickly.

I could pull the motorcycle into the garage to protect from direct sun light but it may not get hot enough in the garage. The option I am wondering if would be best would be to apply the rejuvenator oil early in the day, leave the motorcycle in the sun but cover the seats with black plastic to allow the sun to heat the black plastic and therefore the rejuvenator oil and leather?

I appreciate any thoughts anyone may have.

Bert
08-26-2009, 01:54 PM
I think I will just try black plastic bags on the leather seats and leave it in the sun.

flamewerks
08-26-2009, 10:06 PM
I checked the website, couldn`t find anything specific but I imagine it would be a safe bet to use a cover. But on their site are pics of bicycle seats and furniture, so even if you don`t cover it, it should be fine.

Bert
08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
I checked the website, couldn`t find anything specific but I imagine it would be a safe bet to use a cover. But on their site are pics of bicycle seats and furniture, so even if you don`t cover it, it should be fine.

Thanks for the reply!