PDA

View Full Version : A Newbies Experience with Megs UC

Up To Eleven
08-16-2009, 11:20 AM
I would spread Megs UC with my 7424 at speed 1 then increase to 4. After 1 pass the UC was almost totally gone. I started using more product and used almost the whole bottle in one application. I was expecting it to look like vaseline after 3-4 passes but it was more like chalk which stuck to the car after 1-2 passes. I was able to remove the sticky substance with a MF and much elbow grease. Any suggestions or observations?

The process on the `05 Prius was...

Wash - Dawn

Clay - Sonus green + Megs LT 50/50

Wash - Dawn

Polish - PC 7424 + 4" LC Orange + Megs UC

Wash - Turtle Ice

Wax - Colonite 845

The paint looked good and was extremely slick. I could see some scratches disapear and others diminish. Overall, I am happy with the results but was confused with the reaction of the UC.

I planned to follow the UC with #80 on a white finishing pad but didn`t think I would notice a difference. This was my 2nd time to use the PC. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

wfedwar
08-16-2009, 11:46 AM
You`re using way too much product. You should be just fine with 3 pea-sized drops (I fill in three CCS holes) of product for a section of panel 2ft x 2ft. It doesn`t seem like much, but it`s enough to do the job and using that amount won`t leave you buffing off tough residues later.

I have also used UC and I was pretty impressed. On hard Audi paint, it was roughly equivalent to SIP, both on an orange pad with a Flex.

BigAl3
08-16-2009, 11:55 AM
try priming the pad (using the KBM) and then after a few size pea drops...

Up To Eleven
08-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the input. I will use less product next time and use the KBM after doing some research.