PDA

View Full Version : How do you like Ex-P?

lakinui
08-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Anybody using this after RMG and before the LSP?

Envious Eric
08-15-2009, 05:08 PM
used a bottle as fast as I could...didnt like it, but dont like wasting money on products! collinite looks better, goes on and off easier, and is more reflective IME

Setec Astronomy
08-15-2009, 07:07 PM
EX-P is slick, but it doesn`t last long, and it repeats on me. You buff it all off, and then a couple days later, you find a bunch of spots you seem to have missed, so you buff them off, and then a couple of days later you find some more spots...plus it stains trim badly.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Easy to work with but I didnt care for the durability...........

Envious Eric
08-16-2009, 03:55 AM
EXACTLY.......stick with 845 and you will love it!

Garry Dean
08-16-2009, 08:40 AM
I dont like it at all. The durability averages about a month for me and it is a real pain to remove! I would give looks about a 5 out of 10.

lakinui
08-16-2009, 12:08 PM
used a bottle as fast as I could...didnt like it, but dont like wasting money on products! collinite looks better, goes on and off easier, and is more reflective IME

EX-P is slick, but it doesn`t last long, and it repeats on me. You buff it all off, and then a couple days later, you find a bunch of spots you seem to have missed, so you buff them off, and then a couple of days later you find some more spots...plus it stains trim badly.

Easy to work with but I didnt care for the durability...........

EXACTLY.......stick with 845 and you will love it!

I dont like it at all. The durability averages about a month for me and it is a real pain to remove! I would give looks about a 5 out of 10.

All of your replies are helpful. I was planning on trying this out, but I won`t waste my money or effort. Thanks all!!

Setec Astronomy
08-16-2009, 08:15 PM
You know, I just remembered that some of my "repeating" problems are probably related to putting the stuff on too thick, which with the original version I have, is almost impossible not to do. The later version was made thinner for easier application.

craigdt
08-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Its one of my favorite sealants.

I have the new version and I find it reasonably durable, very nice looking and easy to apply and remove. I use it over VM frequently and it always comes out fine.

getcha
08-22-2009, 10:29 AM
I like it, its bright, easy to use and lasts pretty well. Compared to other products I have had on my personal car, I have yet to have it hit with a bird bomb or something to test its protection. But it does have a nice bright look to it

scary bill
08-25-2009, 02:13 AM
I got 32oz of EXP on sale, it was only a few bucks more than 16oz and for some reason I figured, why not...

I do use in on my DDs in the sping clean detail. Then I top all summer long with a nuba of some sort and AW.

I find it easy to use, the slickness drops off very fast. The stuff will last a few months on my toy but that almost never sees rain or more than 2500 miles a year.

I will continue to use it as I have it, when it is gone I will move on as well. Overall I am not really disappointed with it as it does do what I want.

911fanatic
08-29-2009, 12:02 AM
I put two coats on my clients F350 that sat outside all winter with snow on it and it was still beading after 4 months. Looks great and is easy to apply.