PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna vs. Wolfgang

Chicagoareanew
08-15-2009, 12:36 AM
I`ve been reading up on polishes now, and have made a last minute change in judgment since I was thinking about pinnacle`s polish, and now I`m thinking about Menzerna.

I`ve read great things about Menzerna, but I do not need huge bottles and it`s expensive to boot. On Autogeek`s website, they say if you are looking for a smaller size of a Menzerna product, Wolfgang makes polishes that are allegedly identical (but have more gloss?). Does anybody know about that?

I`ve heard great things about Menzerna SIP, and the website says for a smaller size, use Wolfgang total swirl remover 3.0. And instead of Menzerna 106, use Wolfgang finishing glaze 3.0

If the only difference is that Wolfgang adds more shine, what is the point of Menzerna existing? There has to be more to this than the website leads on. I need someone`s 2 cents on this.

jking
08-15-2009, 12:53 AM
Wolfgang uses Menzerma polish in all there products.

alowe
08-15-2009, 05:11 AM
I know Menzerna now offers smaller sizes in 16oz bottles. I picked up a bottle of Power finish in that size and it was well worth it. I have tried the Wolfgang polishes and feel the are identical. Same smell, color, and work the same. I did not see any change in gloss either. However, Menzernas line is much broader then what Wolfgang offers.

Bunky
08-15-2009, 05:21 AM
You can now get the Wolfgang is 8 ounce bottles.

Chicagoareanew
08-15-2009, 12:28 PM
The fact that they come in 8 oz. bottles is what is drawing me to Wolfgang`s. When it comes to new products, I never want to get a large bottle, lest I don`t like it and then I`m stuck with it. Plus, it`s not like I`m doing to do polishing so frequently that it`s practical to have that much of it.

In terms of selection, Menzerna is way bigger than Wolfgang, but fortunately, the two Menzerna polishes I was looking at both have recommendations for Wolfgang equivalents.

mc2hill
08-15-2009, 01:17 PM
I had the chance to do a side-by-side with Menzerna PO203 and Wolfgang Swirl Remover. We used both with orange pads and the Menzerna did a better job with a single pass.

Chicagoareanew
08-15-2009, 02:17 PM
That`s interesting - I`ve never looked into the 203 because I`ve seen a lot of people talk about the SIP (which is a 3.8 as opposed to 3.5 on the abrasive scale). That .3 difference probably isn`t enough for me to notice, and it says that the 203 eliminates the need to follow up with a glossing product, and that would sure save some time and money. The biggest difference is that it says to use it with the green or white pad, and the SIP is for the orange or green pad, so I`m wondering if that will make a bigger difference rather than the lighter abrasives.