PDA

View Full Version : How long to work Menzerna FPII??

imported_mobenzowner
08-13-2009, 05:32 PM
I have used SIP and po106ff and am pretty familiar as to what the polish looks like (salad oil) when broken down. I just today got in some fpII and it feels different to me than the two listed above. Does this polish finish out like a clear oil, because mine is just sort of buffing away to dry nothing? I used 2 nickel side blobs to prime pad, and after first go thru only one nickel sized blob. This is for an 18 X 18 area or a tad less. I am spreading at speed 3 on the flex with a black finishing pad, going to speed 5/6 for about 6 passes and a final 3 or so passes again at speed 3 with light to no pressure. Am I doing something wrong?

wannafbody
08-13-2009, 10:06 PM
I doubt it matters much with FP2 since it`s so mild that there`s really nothing to break down.

Legacy
08-13-2009, 10:44 PM
I have used SIP and po106ff and am pretty familiar as to what the polish looks like (salad oil) when broken down. I just today got in some fpII and it feels different to me than the two listed above. Does this polish finish out like a clear oil, because mine is just sort of buffing away to dry nothing? I used 2 nickel side blobs to prime pad, and after first go thru only one nickel sized blob. This is for an 18 X 18 area or a tad less. I am spreading at speed 3 on the flex with a black finishing pad, going to speed 5/6 for about 6 passes and a final 3 or so passes again at speed 3 with light to no pressure. Am I doing something wrong?

Skip the final 3 passes at speed 3, 6 passes at speed 6 should be enough. I take it that you used SIP and followed up with 106 so you are just jeweling the paint at this point.

imported_mobenzowner
08-14-2009, 06:46 AM
Thanks guys. My inclination was that I worked it too long, but you see so many posts saying most dont work polishes as long as they should.

Yes, I am pretty much swirl free, just looking for that little extra shine/gloss.

Thanks again.

Accumulator
08-14-2009, 08:53 AM
I have zero first-hand experience with FPII, but IIRC SuperBee364 likes to work it a long, long time. As in, *past* the "salad oil" point. How he does this without the polish simply drying out, I don`t know :nixweiss