PDA

View Full Version : Which removes less clear?

efnfast
08-13-2009, 12:30 PM
With 1 pass on a flex 3401, will an orange pad+SIP remove more clear than a PFW pad+SIP? (given each has the same pressure, travel time, etc...)

The reason I ask is because until yesterday I`ve never used a PFW, but for some reason my cyclpo+orange+extreme cut (gloss-it) was having difficulty removing sanding scratches. Flex+orange+sip wasn`t much ebtter, but flex+pfw+sip toasted right through them.

So the reason I ask my question is that with flex (or cyclo) + orange pads, the surface was a lot hotter than flex+pfw. But flex+pfw corrected faster and better (with a much cooler surface), so was it chomping through the clear faster, or just more efficiently? :confused:

OCKlasse
08-13-2009, 12:43 PM
PFW has more cut, and is in my opinion safer to use than an orange pad (because of less heat build-up). Just follow up with a finer polish and you`re set!

efnfast
08-13-2009, 01:01 PM
So if it has more cut but less heat generation, does it remove more clear in the end, or is it a wash between the two? (I`ve always thought that more cut = more clear removed, and mroe heat = more clear removed, so in teh case of cut vs heat, I don`t know which would remove more?)

But yea, I followed it up with a cyclo+green+_gloss-it machine gloss and wow, my test piece REALLY popped and was completely swirl/marr free.:woohoo:

OCKlasse
08-13-2009, 01:10 PM
It removes more clear, but I wouldn`t worry too much about the difference in clear removal. Still less likely to burn...