PDA

View Full Version : 1937 Buick... Process questions....

aak274
08-12-2009, 05:08 PM
So the car in question is a Black 1937 Buick Century Series 40. It has been in my family since it was new, although it has not had the best paint care. Just a basic OTC wax every year. Never really washed correctly, so its got some pretty good swirls. It was repainted at least once, but I can`t remember when it was done (at least 15 years ago). The paint is in pretty good shape as far as oxidation and sun damage (Kept under a car cover) in a garage.

It will be used for a wedding as the car for the newly married couple and my father has asked me to clean it up a bit before the wedding on Saturday.

I`m not looking to do a full correction on it right now just because of time constraints. Just make it look as good as I can and mostly swirl free to the untrained eye.

I was thinking ONR > Clay > AIO > Finishing Touch Glaze > Coat or two of Natty`s Blue or Red.

Products I have in stock.

PC 7424 and Full Selection of LC pads

Klasse Twins

SSR 1-3

PB Polish W/ Sealant

PB Polish W/ Carnauba

Menerza Finishing Touch Glaze

Natty`s Blue and Red

Any ideas that would make it really look good for just one day? That`s why I was going to use the glaze to fill some of the swirls.

It has the large whitewall tires like the picture, I was going to use optiseal on them, i can put it on the whitewall as well without any ill effects correct? I also have hyperdressing that I could use.

I used spray nine (Strong APC) to clean the whitewalls today with decent results, they are still a bit yellow though, although I think this might be due to age.... Any Ideas?

Also, Good OTC chrome polish to use on the bumpers and trim or just use some aio and nattys?

Thanks for the advice, I`m sure the bride and groom will greatly enjoy it. It will also be getting decorated with flowers inside and out by a florist before the wedding. So I`ll be sure to post pictures of that after Saturday.

Alex

http://www.americanconcours.org/Portals/0/Buick/1937%20Buick%20%2040%2043382563.JPG