PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Poli-Seal w/PC

dschribs
08-11-2009, 06:50 PM
How should OPS be worked on a PC? Should it be worked into the paint for a ggod amount time like a polish or simply applied on quickly and wiped off more like a glaze??

Polishing pad or finishing pad?

Thanks!

imported_etml12
08-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Polishing pad and work it in till it nearly disappears.

Hey, Moe!
08-11-2009, 09:05 PM
+1 with etml12

MichaelM
08-12-2009, 06:24 AM
+2! Once the pad is primed you won`t need very much product.

kaval
08-12-2009, 06:32 AM
How should OPS be worked on a PC? Should it be worked into the paint for a ggod amount time like a polish or simply applied on quickly and wiped off more like a glaze??

Polishing pad or finishing pad?

Thanks!

Work it in till it disappears. You can use a polishing pad, or finishing pad. I`ve obtained some correction using an orange 4" pad on the PC before, while considerably darkening the paint with a blue pad.

If I`m using Poli-Seal as a pre-LSP, I will use a black or blue pad. If I`m using it to `clean` paint, I use a white pad. Hope that makes sense.

silkstone
08-12-2009, 06:43 PM
work it in until it is very light or melts into the paint. Last weekend with high humidity, and probably me overapplying the poliseal, my 4"pad gummed up.

When that happens with Poliseal, clean the pad, or change it out, so you won`t waste/smear the product. Mist the pad with QD before you start.

This was the second time I used it, was more impressed with the results than the first time.

I wiped off Poliseal within minutes of applying.

thesacrifice
08-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Use way less product then you think. If it gums up on the paint, it is VERY difficult to remove.

nailzer
08-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Does Poli-Seal have actual swirl removing abrasives or is it just covering up the swirls with the carnauba that`s in it?

gofastman
08-12-2009, 08:27 PM
it does have cutting ability, not much, but it is there. An amazing product IMO. :xyxthumbs

Bigpikle
08-15-2009, 01:16 PM
yep - as said, I use speed 5/6 on a PC, usually with a polishing pad, and work it until there is nothing left to buff off - usually approx 3-4 passes IME. It will cut typical paints and I have got some pretty damn impressive correction on softer paints. Personally I love the stuff - my favourite AIO.