PDA

View Full Version : Waffle Weave Micro Fiber Drying Towels

Pages : [1] 2

Doomsday, Inc.
08-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Are Waffle Weave Micro Fiber Drying Towels the preferred method for drying after a wash, and if so, which towels stand out and above the rest? I have heard they are the best product for drying, but I`d like opinions and product advise before I buy.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

merkure
08-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I use my shop vac blower and an absorber to get most of the water off and then finish with a WW towel. I`ve only ever bought mine from autogeek but i`ve seen some less expensive ones at the local auto parts stores. From what i`ve read you can rub the towel on a blank cd, if it doesn`t scratch the cd then it won`t scratch your paint. More importantly make sure the car is clean first so you aren`t dragging dirt and dust across the surface.

PSU 98
08-10-2009, 12:46 PM
I used the Absorber for years but recently started using MF drying towels and I love them.

ninobrn99
08-10-2009, 01:13 PM
I went from the synthetic WW to actually MF WW. Big difference. I usually use a leaf blower too (built into my ridgid vac) then dry the remainder with my pakshak WW.

BigAl3
08-10-2009, 01:15 PM
the only waffle weave mf drying towels i like are the ultra-soft ones (the regular ones are a tad too hard for my liking) and exceldetail (patrick is a great guy to deal with) has them for a great price...

Excel Monterey Waffle Weave Drying Towel (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=29280&pd=133820)

http://www.prestoimages.net/prestostore_graphics03/7518_pd133820full.jpg

DM101
08-10-2009, 01:30 PM
I like the regular quality microfiber towels for drying. Nice and plush to pick up any contaminates on surface.

MICROFIBER BIG MONSTER TOWEL (http://www.chemicalguys.com/MICROFIBER_BIG_MONSTER_TOWEL_p/mic_1102_03.htm)

gav'spurplez
08-10-2009, 06:59 PM
i use a leaf blower to rid the surface of all loose water, then i use my sonus big blue MFWW drying towel !!!

craigdt
08-10-2009, 10:08 PM
I use the WW sold at Detailed Image. Does a great job.

ninobrn99
08-10-2009, 11:13 PM
i think you`ll be fine with any of the WW`s mentioned. Just search for the best price.

SOCALEXO
08-11-2009, 12:18 AM
I stick to good ol` terry cotton towels (not the cheap autozone ones, target, walmart, sears or jcpenney). I find for the cost of a MF or WW I can get a pretty nice terry towel (human body grade not grease clean up grade) and I don`t have to (a) treat it special when washing (b) get a longer lasting product (c) just as much if not more absorbing power.

I just don`t get using a more expensive product that is trying to mimic the qualities of a terry towel when terry towels are cheaper more available and, well, they`re terry towels not MF towels trying to be terry towels LOL.

Im sure I`ll get flamed since MFs & WW are the preferred tools here but that`s my $0.02 worth.

BTW - 100% terry towels are always on sale at the stores listed above.

later

imported_RZJZA80
08-11-2009, 12:21 AM
I view waffle weave towels as a waste of money as several different ones I`ve used have all become hard and cardboard-like after several washes. I now use a leaf blower and MF towel to blot dry whatever the blower didn`t get.

BigAl3
08-11-2009, 01:47 AM
I view waffle weave towels as a waste of money as several different ones I`ve used have all become hard and cardboard-like after several washes. I now use a leaf blower and MF towel to blot dry whatever the blower didn`t get.

another reason why i don`t like the regular waffle weave`s. never had that problem with the ultra-soft ones...

Legacy
08-11-2009, 01:54 AM
SOCALEXO

BTW - 100% terry towels are always on sale at the stores listed above.

Thought you said those are the cheapies!

Cleaning Fool
08-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Ive used atleast 3 waffle weave drying towels over the years, honestly I dont understand why people use or like them. They aren`t worth a nickel after a few washes, they don`t absorb worth a nickel either. Go down to Bed Bath and Beyond and find a super plush egyptian cotton towel and you will be good to go, much better than any waffle weave.

Flashtime
08-11-2009, 08:31 AM
WW is perfect for glass and interiors. But sketchy to use on painted panels...