PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys ECOSMART Waterless Wash + Pump Sprayer ???

Pages : [1] 2

purplenurple
08-10-2009, 05:47 AM
Waterless Detailing Waterless Wash System (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Waterless_Detailing_Waterless_Wash_System_p/wac_707.htm)

Has anyone tried this stuff? If it works like advertised, it should be a great addition to every detailer

wannafbody
08-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Looks like it has clay and wax in it. Doesn`t sound very different than the old DRI WASH and Guard.

OCKlasse
08-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Have the pump sprayer and use Go Green Waterless Wash. Honestly, the pump sprayer is too expensive and problematic. It leaks and doesn`t work very well. Stick to the good old-fashioned spray bottle.

purplenurple
08-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Yea, I think Go Green is the one I`m asking about. How does it work for you? Any marring?

ReplayMan
08-11-2009, 11:02 AM
+1 Interested on how good this is.

lasthope05
08-11-2009, 11:14 AM
The pump spray looks to be exactly the same as the USPlastics full function sprayer($15). Also I dislike how CG relabels products and jacks up their price. Take the Gebril wheel brush for $10 which is a Carrand sheepskin brush at walmart and pepboys for $6.

OCKlasse
08-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Yea, I think Go Green is the one I`m asking about. How does it work for you? Any marring?

Works fine, but I personally prefer ONR. It is a true WATERLESS wash, but it definitely ruins a few towels in the process.

agpatel
08-12-2009, 11:41 PM
I dont like how ONR can tint light colored MFs blue.

215Detailing
08-13-2009, 11:09 AM
THE TOTAL DETAILING SOLUTION WITHOUT WATER!

I gallon deliver 8-10 gallons of WATERLESS DETAILING SOLUTION

16oz of ECOSMART mixes with 1 gallon of filtered or DI water.

Guaranteed to deliver a better shine in half the time, then any traditional Hose Wash.

The Average Carwash Takes 30-50 minutes and waste 120-260 gallons of water per wash.

Kaolin clay removes contamination while reducing friction

Detail a complete vehicle in just a few minutes without any waste or runoff.

A single Gallon of concentrate can detail 300+ vehicles.

Once diluted you can detail a complete full size vehicle with less then 4 oz of product.

NO WASTE NO WATER

100% SURFACE FRIENDLY

100% SCRATCH FREE

Volatile Organic Compound Compliant

If it has TO BE DILUTED 16/1 with filtered or DI water how is it then Totally waterless?

lasthope05
08-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Its waterless because you are not using a bucket of water, hose or rinsing the car off. Waterless wash doesnt mean the product itself cannot contain water, everything does. It means you not using water like in a traditional wash.

reparebrise
08-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Some waterless washes are in fact totally waterless, and thats not really a good thing. The petroleum based products do not allow for dilution, so higher shipping costs, also they do not take kindly to the presence of water on the cars surface(streaking). Waterbased bucket and hose free washes (B&HFW) are also much easier on the user, can clean a car that has been partially pre-rinsed(remove caked on mud form lower portions) and generally have faster acting polymers. Those with fast polymerization leave you with a surface that is less likely to streak, or leave finger marks(try it on glass, the fast ones make excellent galss cleaner, the others make glass cleaning a pain).

Another thing to look out for in a waterless(or B&HFW) is one that stays in suspension, those that require mixing prior to use to mix in the sediment that drops out of solution mostly contain some sort of filler(caolin Clay being a common one) that will hide minor scratches, while for some thats a plus, for others it,s not the desired result.

imported_mburnickas
08-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Looks like it has clay and wax in it. Doesn`t sound very different than the old DRI WASH and Guard.

I used Dri wash...for years and no issues. No longer use it due to cost etc.

100% waterless products are hard to use and need to be fine tuned.

corrswitch
08-14-2009, 02:32 PM
This seems like ONE from Chemical guys...is this just rebranded stuff with a different color or this is different?

A bit confused.

agpatel
08-14-2009, 02:35 PM
This seems like ONE from Chemical guys...is this just rebranded stuff with a different color or this is different?

A bit confused.

Ecosmart is a CG produc,t you are talking about Dri Wash?

corrswitch
08-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi agpatel,

No, Chemical Guys used to sell ONE which seems the same as what this product is used for. Here is an old thread from autopia:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/89689-chemical-guys-one-pics-process.html

Seems like a re-naming of a ONE since ONE does not seem available from the Chemical guys website anymore.